Same thing happened with Wells-Green TMD, all of a sudden no more updates. Shame

Dear 24Grange,

I think that you will find that if you look at post 451, we (I) intimated that there is some work being done on Loftus Road by James (and other members of the club) and that there will be some pictures posted here for all to see when these are ready. Whilst we appreciate that news tends to travel faster in this digital age, time spent on modelling means that we are not always able to keep up with the desire for instant news. Therefore, a little patience and the willingness to read previous posts (even if they are two or three earlier than the latest one - and on the same page) may save some disappointment - as well as not haranguing James to post something.

If this reply seems a little rude, please feel free to be slightly miffed. Only mild irritation registered when I read your post. Be thankful I answered first and not some of the other members of the Loftus Road team!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

There are lots more updates coming, promise!

As Chris mentions, it takes time both to do the modelling, and then the time taken to do the PR and update RMweb accordingly is often done in lieu of an evening's grabbed-time modelling - often it does seem simpler to actually just get on with the modelling and then just show the combined fruits of your labours every now and then! :)

Not to mention also, Worthing MRC's Loftus Road is a club layout, and like many club layouts, it's often packed away for most of the year in favour of other layouts being worked on, so grabbing time when it's actually up and running are sometimes rare, hence why you'll normally get a flurry of activity in the run up & testing period before our shows, and then nothing for a while, often as we're all knackered and spending time working on our own respective 'home' projects!

In the meantime, as a placeholder, I've got a shot of my new Class 58 running on Loftus Road, more details can be found on my Workbench thread (link in signature) - loads more updates there to plough through ;)

36830882330_1e5f9b6283_b.jpg58017 by James Makin by jamesmakin2002, on Flickr

We've got the layout up and running ready for Fareham show next month, and I've nearly finished a controversial new scenic addition, so keep the eyes peeled in the coming weeks...!

Cheers,

James

• Like 10

I am one (of many?) who only post on RMWEB infrequently. Indeed there are times when the pressures of everyday life mean that I don't even get the opportunity to 'browse' through postings. However, when I do get time to flick through the latest posts, I am always delighted when I see that someone has posted something on 'Loftus Road'.

I can certainly appreciate that other activities can preclude the posting of pictures of the latest developments on this wonderful layout. As an 'armchair' modeller (hopefully this is only temporary) I look to layouts, such as Loftus Road, for inspiration. I am deeply grateful for any updates that you manage to make available. I would really love to be able to see it 'in the flesh' but, so far, every outing has either been too far away or on a day when I am committed to doing something that can't be re-arranged.

Please keep up the good work and I really look forward to the next batch of photos - whenever that might be.

Edited by batrapyr
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

While we're in a retro mood, let's skip back to 1997 and Great Western Trains' 47846 Thor can be seen on a diverted Sleeper service through Loftus Road...that green has got to be one of the classiest liveries of the last 20 years, and stacks cooler than modern day "GWR" I reckon! :P

36620573063_62199f3967_b.jpg47846 on Loftus Road by Worthing MRC by jamesmakin2002, on Flickr

Cheers,

James

Very nice James, always good to see some 1998 stock running (and GWT is by far the best livery of the past 70 years.

Other than the two I have upstairs (SS Great Britain from a vitrains and an unnamed example from a Heljan model) I don't think I've seen any high spec GWT 47s.

Now what I really want is a current generation pair of power cars in GWT, I really must reconvert my GWT set (and my virgin xc one) from P4 back to OO so that I can play with it on Brent

• RMweb Premium

Thanks very much Rich!

Definitely a pair of Merlin HST power cars is called for, I've long had my rake of Merlin Mk3s ready, so just need to get on with the power cars, I've actually got some donors that have been laying around for a while (two will be Merlin, plus two others each in the different Barbie variations) - just need to get on with them basically!!

Cheers,

James

• RMweb Gold

Thanks very much Rich!

Definitely a pair of Merlin HST power cars is called for, I've long had my rake of Merlin Mk3s ready, so just need to get on with the power cars, I've actually got some donors that have been laying around for a while (two will be Merlin, plus two others each in the different Barbie variations) - just need to get on with them basically!!

Cheers,

James

Look forward to seeing it!

Though I would say less time building stock, more time building Didcot please :P

All this HST talk is making me think as soon as I get back from Sevilla I am checking to see if one of my HSTs will fit in Brent’s fiddle-yard. If nothing else a high speed run with 70 foot plus coaches will be good track testing!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

It was an absolute pleasure to be parked next to you guys at the Fareham show, along with Croydon North Street and if I'm honest, it made my weekend. Loftus Road has long been an inspiration to my modelling efforts and whilst us modern guys aren't always that popular with the crowds, it's great to see things that I can relate to at 51 years of age.

My only regret is that we didn't build the flyover!  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Cracking modelling as always, you coming up North anytime soon? Ironic though as I lived in Worthing from 93-04. Hot tub looks interesting :O

Looks like the closest we will get is Peterborough in October 2018. Having said that if there are any clubs in the north west who fancy a slice of west London for the weekend, ping us a message - we can be tempted (sound wrong I know but I'll live with that) :scratchhead:

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

We've recently gone very social and set up our own YouTube channel, if anyone's keen..!

Worthing MRC gangmember Mark Butcher has kindly put together a video of Loftus Road while we were up at DEMU Showcase earlier this year - the link is below -

We'll add more videos as time goes by, and continue to get shots from angles you can't always see from the public side too!

As well as this, we've made the jump onto Facebook too - our page can be found here - https://www.facebook.com/LoftusRoadModelRailway/ - feel free to drop by and give us a cheeky follow if you're on the social medias! 

Edited by James Makin
  • Like 12

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Great seeing this at Canterbury today. Whichever one of the team is the teacher outside of the layout operating, thank you for being great talking with our toddler and the excitement of all the different trains!