• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Another new piece of rolling stock set to grace the layout in future - EWS's graffitied 66113, modelled exactly from a prototype image -

28010224300_7f3e3e50f6_b.jpgGraffiti 66113 by James Makin by jamesmakin2002, on Flickr

More details on my workbench thread for those interested!

Next show is our Worthing MRC exhibition on 27/28 September - we're still beavering away on the new fiddle yard electrics and scenery is gathering pace, along with a duo of my favourite 1990s diesels appearing soon!

Cheers,

James

Edited by James Makin
  • Like 19

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Ooooh! When are we seeing these then?

Coming soon matey I promise! ;)

Couple of late nineties gems from my Didcot trainspotting days, I'm halfway through repainting the pair but briefly put them on hold while I finish off a key scenic section for the new Loftus Road baseboards!

Coming soon matey I promise! ;)

Couple of late nineties gems from my Didcot trainspotting days, I'm halfway through repainting the pair but briefly put them on hold while I finish off a key scenic section for the new Loftus Road baseboards!

Is it late nineties?

If so 66001 and 002? ;)

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

I've realised we've been keeping a low profile with our Loftus Road thread of late, not intentionally but just because we've all been busy modelling!

Our first proper show 'debut' in extended format at our club's show in September was a great success with only a few minor electrical teething troubles, now solved by Pete and the gang.

Ballasting of the new sections was all completed, and temporary scenics in place for the show; now it's all hands on deck as the final scenery is installed! The Stafford show is 76 days away and the pressure is on!

Meanwhile, we have two new Brush beasties joining the Loftus fleet this month - EWS's 47785 and Fragonset's 47712 -

post-6896-0-87712400-1416178898_thumb.jpg

post-6896-0-11724400-1416178913_thumb.jpg

We're still working on the scenery so we won't spoil the surprise but promise there is some fun stuff on it's way and pictures will arrive as soon as it's complete!

• Like 9

• 3 weeks later...