• RMweb Premium

Inspired by the prototype Kensington Olympia, I've added some graphics to the side of our Loftus Road station overbridge...

post-6896-0-62021800-1418403367_thumb.jpg

These are based on the famous Kenny O bridge name sign, heavily weather-beaten and curiously half-painted out in grey for many years.

post-6896-0-09594700-1418403402_thumb.jpg

Photo taken by Pete Hollman, Jan 2005)

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Great layout there james. What unit is next, a 313 perhaps.

Thanks, the guys will be happy reading that, lot of effort has gone in from the gang! 

I've got mainly loco-hauled passenger trains and freight stock in my sights for 2015 but for multiple units, well...there will be something that's long, grey and likes going through tunnels! ;)

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

A class 12 car class 700 by the sounds of it or eurostar.

Haha definitely not a 700, far far too new for my liking!! :P

We've clubbed together to buy some Eurostar vehicles and I'm looking into repowering options (probably a HJ 33 or similar) and the cheapest way of making the centre saloon variations, perhaps with resin cast scratchbuilt window/grille sections, save laying out for those pricey Hurst brass overlays!

• 4 weeks later...

Wooooow!!! No emoticon can do this justice!

So much detail has been included, and to put it bluntly, most will never be seen by the public. But it all adds to the whole perspective and just looks...too realistic! The road really looks real too, you've got the markings spot on! :yes:

Looking forward to more now, do please drop us a line if Loftus Road comes up Manchester way! ;)

Jack.

Edited by Jack374

Hi James, The eurostar project will be one that i will be following with keen interest as it looks to be a project quite rare these days and I'm sure you will make a good job of it.

On the other hand, your petrol station looks the business. It is very good and don't think i have seen anything replicating the modern road network quite as good as that! Truly amazing and my words cannot do it justice. Bravo! Feel free to do me one anytime!

Regarding the road that is also done superbly just a shame it doesn't work with transfers :(

GREAT WORK THOUGH! KEEP IT UP!

James,

That's a fabulous petrol station! It captures the feel of the area nicely... could be the one on the A4 near the Hammersmith flyover or the one on Shepherd's Bush Green?

It just needs a 4mm model of someone on a Brompton bike for your bike lane!

;)

Guy

Edited by lyneux

I'd love to live somewhere where the Petrol is that cheap... :P

Looks great mate!

Note far from that today 107.7

And the attention to detail is amazing - no telegraphs on the paper stand just like my local BP always selling out of them :-)

You just need a figure looking grumpy with his free telegraph voucher in hand

Colin

• RMweb Premium

James,

That's a fabulous petrol station! It captures the feel of the area nicely... could be the one on the A4 near the Hammersmith flyover or the one on Shepherd's Bush Green?

It just needs a 4mm model of someone on a Brompton bike for your bike lane!

;)

Guy

Thanks Guy!

I've taken inspiration from a number of BP stations in the area particularly the Shepherd's Bush one, there's a lot more to be done on the road part which will eventually resemble my take on the vibrant Uxbridge Road running North out of Kensington - all sorts of exciting modelling awaits!

Awesome petrol station! :O

Any chance of a pic with it all lit up...pleeez?!

Jon F.

Jon,

James has handed over the wiring up of the lights, so with some trepidation, this will be done tomorrow evening. Hopefully, there will be some pics to go up by the end of this week...just hope that the God of Clumsiness is looking the other way tomorrow!

Chris

• RMweb Premium

Amazing, do you own the WRC Replica seen at ford fair? Sone of the best models I have ever seen.

Thanks, no not got the WRC rep, just got the Mk2 RS in the 'Ultimate Green' - the colour is the same shade as the rally cars! Hoping to get back up to Ford Fair this year, now got the Mountune 375 fitted! :)

post-6896-0-52626000-1420672013.jpg

• Like 7