Leeds MRS 2013 Exhibition

Barry O

• RMweb Premium

Despite the fact that we have paid for an advertisement in our local evening newspaper they have run an article today with details of our show - which they believe is on today and tomorrow. Not bad considering they have also had a press pack....

Well just to make sure - its NEXT Weekend.. the ad will appear this week...

Despite the fact that we have paid for an advertisement in our local evening newspaper they have run an article today with details of our show - which they believe is on today and tomorrow. Not bad considering they have also had a press pack....

Well just to make sure - its NEXT Weekend.. the ad will appear this week...

Sounds about right for a local paper. Are you all "chuffed, steamed up and making tracks to" as well?

• RMweb Premium

Sounds about right for a local paper. Are you all "chuffed, steamed up and making tracks to" as well?

Mal

they finally talked to us today - many apologies and the offer of a mention in tomorrow evenings copy.. I only wish that we could right it(!)

Yes, me. Until recently, anyway. Even though I'm no longer particularly a fan of 3mm or British outline, this is a nice layout as I recall and I'll no doubt be along to see it in its new guise.

Hopefully it will allow Alan to run more of his LNER stock.

• RMweb Premium

Another layout is being exhibited - the Club junior layout ..

and we are also welcoming Ian Kirk himself along on Sunday so if you are an O gauge modeller and want to meet the man behind the Kits.. come along!

• RMweb Premium

Last Club night before the show - just making final arrangements for everything we need to go to the Grammar School on Friday morning.... Mr edge may also add an idea of what he will be demonstrating as the show as a  post on here

• RMweb Premium

Minor tribulations today as the van hired to move all the club gear has not been delivered yet(!) so negotiations ongoing to get a cheaper replacement.

My vote is for the MDHB diesel but has anyone else got any preferences?

Hi

Had a great day at show layout performed well just a couple of niggles to sort in morning (Wellington road-Leeds) 

If you get chance to come I think you will enjoy the show.

Plenty to see & buy.

Even seen Charlie grinning whilst playing with his sound 144 DMU ?

• RMweb Premium

Nice to see and meet some RMwebbers today - seems to be that the show has gone down well with the visitors and the chocolate chip sponge and custard at lunch wasn't bad either...

Everingham definately one of the best layouts there, aberbeeg up there as well, great show as ever think im going to have to invest in another of biffos's chips again 26 or deltic...hmmm

Cheers to leeds mrs for another good show, and some great weathwring on show as well barry.

Cheers

James

At Leeds show on Saturday and it was really good with a wide spread of layouts. Aberbbeg absolutely brilliant and the scenics, scope and the dcc were brilliant! Headingley very nice and Everingham much improved by being an oval. A really good show. And the maps and photographs from John and Owen Gibbon are an annual treat and just show what a wide hobbey this is with research as well as modelling to keep us all interested. First class!

• RMweb Premium

Thanks everyone - I thought it was a good show and nice to meet quite a few RMWebbers as well as a number of potential new club members. 

Red Devil brought a really nice Leeds snowplough tram -- hopefully we can get a photo of this?

Mike Edge was busy building the two pre-production etches as above plus a Fell. Nicktoix finished some trackwork for our new 4mm layout - Chapel en le Frith as well as building one of his own wagon etches.

As for me - well we had a few people - including Wordsell Forever - having a go at weathering.. 

Plans are afoot to improve the show for next year so watch this space..

Thanks everyone - I thought it was a good show and nice to meet quite a few RMWebbers as well as a number of potential new club members. 

Red Devil brought a really nice Leeds snowplough tram -- hopefully we can get a photo of this?

Mike Edge was busy building the two pre-production etches as above plus a Fell. Nicktoix finished some trackwork for our new 4mm layout - Chapel en le Frith as well as building one of his own wagon etches.

As for me - well we had a few people - including Wordsell Forever - having a go at weathering.. 

Plans are afoot to improve the show for next year so watch this space..

Cheers Barry, nice chatting to you and now I have some more weathering tips to add a bit more to said tram! Enjoyed the show, thumbs up from me.

post-7067-0-21172200-1382912793.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Lost Property

Sometime on Sunday (probably around the middle of the day) a modeller put down their small bag of purchases - including nuts and bolts - on the Elmet Images scenery stand in the main hall and did not pick it up again. If the owner is an RMWeb member/reader, please pm me to sort out its return. 

• RMweb Premium

A few layout shots from the show..

First up a 37 ticking over on Aberbeeg

post-7650-0-97106600-1382968026_thumb.jpg

and , from Lowestoft,  Aber Emlyn

post-7650-0-50749300-1382968104_thumb.jpg

a nice O gauge big GWR tank engine.

And now N gauge - Headingley 

post-7650-0-19796200-1382968153_thumb.jpg

and another part of Headingley - the Tram depot

post-7650-0-60731800-1382968212_thumb.jpg

the bus is a bit blurred as it was trundling along as a part of the Faller system.

and finally for now - Cascade Yard and its owner 

post-7650-0-00736600-1382968448_thumb.jpg

Archived