A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

The 'train in landscape' effect of the first two shots in that last sequence (25137) in particular is choice. Excellent stuff Rob.

Best wishes,

Alastair M

Edited by A Murphy

• RMweb Gold

Very nice Manor,

Seems a much better day in Brent than I am having here, after 2 hours spent getting the new laptop to work with our printer (so I could print some templot plans out for some track repairs), I go outside to build the other half of the double slip.  Only to find that I have somehow ordered the N gauge kit from Gaugemaster via Amazon rather than the 4mm scale one....

• RMweb Premium

I can't see what the fuss is about the 0-4-2Ts. Give me a nice Pannier Tank any day of the week.

Like seeing the photos with the beach by the way, although at this time of year shouldn't there be a few bathers about?

Edited by brushman47544
  • Like 1

There are no bather's on the beach because they gone to see 4870 go past!!!!!!!

Went back when the Pannier past????

Then I'm biased towards this little 0-4-2T so the pure sight of it is music to my ears.........

Keep up the good work with the pictures. 

It's also more an estuary, a bit like Cockwood  Harbour and it needs a revamp of the 'water' effects. I'm looking at the new Woodland Scenics deep pour murky water at the moment as a possibility.

http://woodlandscenics.woodlandscenics.com/show/Item/CW4511/page/1

That looks interesting, how thin can you go with it as I am seriously looking to revamp my brook as well.

• RMweb Gold

That looks interesting, how thin can you go with it as I am seriously looking to revamp my brook as well.

I think you'd be ok with a few mm Kev. ;) 

• RMweb Gold

A final few for the weekend.

attachicon.gif419.jpg

attachicon.gif420.jpg

attachicon.gif421.jpg

attachicon.gif422.jpg

attachicon.gif423.jpg

Thank you for the Manor extravaganza - its much appreciated!

It's hard to believe the body moulding was created forty years ago : with it's new chimney it still impresses!

After DeanGoodsGate I expect the manufacturers would be nervous about offering a new version of it!