A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Waraqah said:

How many crew would this have, and how would you squeeze them all in?

Apparently two and although nowhere near as good as the Millicast model OR do this https://www.oxforddiecast.co.uk/collections/era-1940/products/dingo-scout-car-libya-1942-76dsc006

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gwrrob said:

Apparently two and although nowhere near as good as the Millicast model OR do this https://www.oxforddiecast.co.uk/collections/era-1940/products/dingo-scout-car-libya-1942-76dsc006

Ace (ACE 72248 ) does a very nice one with interior in 1/72 (scale difference with a 1/76 model with a vehicle this size is hardly noticeable).

Or you could go for the venerable Matchbox Dingo included with Monty's caravan kit. Not as detailed, but still with interior, 1/76, and notwithstanding the age , in my opinion a better model than the oxford one. 

(Oxford . Forgot all about them.  Diecast models, brrrr :bo_mini:   I only do kits...:whistle:)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, 81C said:

Any chance of a photo of a Warflat Rob.

I might be getting it back from the 'works' by the end of the week. Here she is at the moment.

WDWarflat_oh.jpg.9cc182f0c403867a31b6d816bcddc1fc.jpg.5865202fcd8f958d789ea31ac1a7e075.jpg

WDWarflat_lhfan.jpg.74e90b79cf5485d86141c48941c75e69.jpg

Edited by gwrrob
add a photo
  • Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
35 minutes ago, Tallpaul69 said:

But seriously, its good to see a 48xx/14XX on something other than an autocoach.

May I rephrase? "It would be good to see an autocoach with something other than a 48xx/14xx."

I do like the weathering on those wagons though.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

3 hours ago, Tallpaul69 said:

Or if its the Christmas Turkey, several days later!

Only days? I seem to remember the only time we’ve ever had a turkey we were eating the bl**dy stuff for several weeks! We didn’t buy it, SWMBO won it in a raffle.

Tim T

All packed up ready to move to Felinfoel

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Tallpaul69 said:

Hi Rob,

Is this a new technique?- building the loco from the front towards the back, or did the airbrush give out??:happy_mini:

No , I'm just a big tease.:P

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

3 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

No , I'm just a big tease.:P

I'm sure the results will justify the wait then!

Mind you, I am one to talk when it will be months before I can even show you bare track on boards.

Besides which, you will say my 1960s WR is not worth your serious consideration, let alone my laugh provoking kit built rollingstock.

But I apply the first rule of railway modelling and keep getting pleasure from my efforts.

Paul 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I have the strangest feeling I might know what this is. I am very curious as to how it might have been built, although I think I might  have a pretty good idea. Fantastic! Altogether now: 'Oh when the.........."

Best wishes,

Alastair M

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
57 minutes ago, A Murphy said:

I have the strangest feeling I might know what this is. I am very curious as to how it might have been built, although I think I might  have a pretty good idea. Fantastic! Altogether now: 'Oh when the.........."

Nope.:read:

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

Nope, OK and the distance between the front-plate and the cylinder should have tipped me to that, so it must be....... a Hall? Am I warmer?

Alastair M

Edited by A Murphy
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Oldddudders said:

I thought Hall. Something about those sticky-out cylinders, which have been known to be unpopular on other railways.

and on the GWR too. I recall a story of a Hall fouling its cylinders on a platform on the DNS. I don't remember which station but I think it was on the Southern section (Newbury-Winchester)

Edited by colin penfold
Addendum
  • Informative/Useful 2