A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

I have a problem with uploading pictures to the internet.  Used to be no trouble so I'm afraid these aren't the best.  This was intended to be a SR T9 or similar and has been upgraded over time with more realistic spoked drivers. etc.  Sorry about that!

Brian.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, brianusa said:

I have a problem with uploading pictures to the internet.  Used to be no trouble so I'm afraid these aren't the best.  This was intended to be a SR T9 or similar and has been upgraded over time with more realistic spoked drivers. etc.  Sorry about that!

Brian.

And there was me looking at the “driver” (ahem) and thinking it was supposed to be James...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Followers of this thread might like to take advantage of a clearout I'm having by checking out the classifieds. Also coming soon are a Comet kit built 14xx chassis with a Mashima motor and a Mainline 57xx body, if anyone's interested.

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium

Evening all. Quick question, to be deleted if it is discussed elsewhere. Accurascale Manor: what a choice of detail differences. Thoughts on it compared to the probable alternative from Dapol? Asking for my only friend.

P

P.S. The Greens are crap, but not going down.

• Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

Evening all. Quick question, to be deleted if it is discussed elsewhere. Accurascale Manor: what a choice of detail differences. Thoughts on it compared to the probable alternative from Dapol? Asking for my only friend.

Your friend should put his money on the Accurascale model. I have.:read: Remember we have Mike @The Stationmaster involved in this project.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

Thoughts on it compared to the probable alternative from Dapol?

About 35 quid based on Kernow's pre-order prices (DC versions).

My friend says he's going to wait and see.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

8 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

Not seen since I upgraded the scenics, here's 4870.

500319_DSCN3267(3).JPG.9b98b52c4f882ad8bd6436be2c8fa424.JPG

Now that's my type of loco, something so typically GWR about it and one coach.

More please.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for the Manor suggestions chaps. Like the idea of the cast body on the Accy one. I don't actually need one, buuuuuuuuuuttttttttttttttt. The Dapol 63XX is ok in mists respects. Wait and see is probably the way to go.

Oh yes, best wishes to you all by the way. Still here but what a waste of a year in my case.

P

• Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Limpley Stoker said:

A friend was asking whether there would be any Bank Holiday specials from Southern metals.....

Van C or bogie B ?

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

3 hours ago, Limpley Stoker said:

A friend was asking whether there would be any Bank Holiday specials from Southern metals.....

I  will be adding an extra GWR compo and all third to my Cardiff-Brighton GWR/Southern set, for the next three days. (only as I do not have spare Southern coaches and I do not think passengers would like travelling in the SR luggage van that has just gone on the layout).

Mike Wiltshire

• Like 5