A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, gwrrob said:

I've just been told by Hornby that I can't shew anymore shots of 7220 as my layout isn't in tier 1.:read:

Everyone seems to see something amusing in the reference to 'Tier 1', but I'm afraid that I don't know what that is, unless it's a reference to the former governmental system of categorising areas of the country for Covid risk?

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Everyone seems to see something amusing in the reference to 'Tier 1', but I'm afraid that I don't know what that is, unless it's a reference to the former governmental system of categorising areas of the country for Covid risk?

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/164872-Hornby-model-shop-tiers-system/

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

It will all end in tiers after all this nonsense. Almost as bad as the battle of the Christmas Special Van/Wagon.

So sad.

Ar$£

It is indeed so sad. Customers sign up in good faith for forthcoming models, with every intention of paying real money for real goods, but due to handbags-at-dawn within the trade, those orders are cast aside as undeliverable. And the whole retail trade feels uneasy about relations with the biggest manufacturer. There are some idiots in business. 

• Agree 7

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

It is indeed so sad. Customers sign up in good faith for forthcoming models, with every intention of paying real money for real goods, but due to handbags-at-dawn within the trade, those orders are cast aside as undeliverable. And the whole retail trade feels uneasy about relations with the biggest manufacturer. There are some idiots in business. 

Looking on a brighter side, did anyone notice last week that Hattons appear to be stocking new Bachmann models again?

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, St Enodoc said:

Looking on a brighter side, did anyone notice last week that Hattons appear to be stocking new Bachmann models again?

I saw that, and was uncertain whether that was a renewed relationship or other retailers/suppliers passing on stock, as we have been told on a previous occasion. 

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

I saw that, and was uncertain whether that was a renewed relationship or other retailers/suppliers passing on stock, as we have been told on a previous occasion. 

Probably an alternative conduit such as the “other” Sheffield shop .There has been an ongoing  history of trading between the two for a while.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

4 hours ago, Oldddudders said:

It's a reference to the new Hornby system for defining dealers. Not a nice story. See long thread about Pre-Orders. 

If that's the case I may well ask Mr.Sheep-bloke for some wool and take up knitting !

• Agree 1
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 3

14 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

In another thread it was stated it was overstock from another retailer.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold

All the excitement of the Rapido 5/7 plank SECR/SR wagons announcement but what might have been missed by some was the EP's of their forthcoming GPV.

UKnews05-Pic6-GPV.png.8a21b823c0a93384dc14d2a56d91ab55.png

Edited by gwrrob
added detail.
  • Like 14
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, gwrrob said:

All the excitement of the 5/7 plank SECR/SR wagons announcement but what might have been missed by some was the EP's of their forthcoming GPV.

UKnews05-Pic6-GPV.png.8a21b823c0a93384dc14d2a56d91ab55.png

Sorry Robin, but I'm having trouble keeping up with all this.

Who is producing the SECR wagons and what are these box vans, please?

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Mick Bonwick said:

Thank you Mick and everyone else for clarifying what this is about.

I've now had a quick look at the photos.

I'll limit my current opinion to this thread, as I don't want to get hate mail by saying what I really think on the Rapido thread. They are certainly to be applauded for doing an accurate RTR wagon, over such a lengthy historical period.

But I confess to being disappointed with the level of detail on the underframe. If these samples are anything like the final product, they are not really an advance on what Bachmann currently produce and if anything, are perhaps a little on the primitive side, as virtually all of the individual components of the brake gear on each side appear to be one moulding.

Go on, you can hate me now!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2