A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Hello Rob and everyone

As there has been 'a good turn out' so far for GWR Mini-Poll No.1, I am happy to now commit to running the whole series which we have agreed with Rob. They are as below and will follow the same Wednesday publication day, Saturday closure day and Sunday results day timetable.

No.2: Mink Vehicles

No.3: Passenger Brake Vans, Monsters & TPO

No.4: Selected Freight & NPCCS

No.5: Passenger & Goods Road Vehicle Carrying Wagons:

No.6: Freight Vehicles

No.7: Departmental Stock

You might, initially, wonder why, for example, we have one as Selected Freight & NPCCS whereas the two types are quite distinct. Trust me - it will make more sense when you see the lists! It is partly due to us needing to keep the maximum load of each to 12 or fewer, but we think you will see the logic in due course.

Bear in mind these are 'draft' at present. Depending on your comments and any 'matters arising' as we proceed they might change title slightly or move up or down the marshalling order. 

Brian

• Like 9

For me I’d have cause to buy 3, 4, 5 and 6. But most useful and therefore my focussed choice would have to be 4 as that would be the one that was 100% necessary. Looking forward to the results and any more polls to come.

• Thanks 2

How can I choose from list - I want them all.

in order of preference: 7 2 1 3 4

I am not really interested in 5 after spending hours upgrading a GMR example, it is difficult to justify two Siphon Hs.  The J has never really appealed to me, it’s a bit dull looking.

Focussed choice: 7 (or 2 (or 7 (or 2 h or whichever of 7 or 2 gets most votes)

Oakhill

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold

My choices.                1.    3.     4.     6

Focussed choice.      3

Many thanks to Bruce for organising and Rob for hosting 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, john dew said:

My choices.                1.    3.     4.     6

Focussed choice.      3

Many thanks to Bruce for organising and Rob for hosting 

Nice to see you up and about John and casting your vote for the siphon G.:drink_mini:

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m not too fussed which ones tbh but would probably (ie almost certainly without fail) purchase any new decent siphon RTR model in OO.

if pushed for a choice, I’d go for 6- siphon J.  It shows up on several of the train formations on the northern route and the only, out of production, kit I’m aware of comes up with hens teeth frequency on a popular auction site that none of us look at never mind compete with each other on!

David

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
On 15/06/2021 at 14:36, gwrrob said:

Can I echo Brian's thought and rally everyone to vote please as a lot of work has been put into this behind the scenes by the poll team and we need the votes to be viable with some quantity.:drink_mini:

Just finalising my votes...

• Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

14 hours ago, BMacdermott said:

GWR 00 Rolling Stock Mini-Poll No.1: Siphons

Here’s what to do…

1. You may vote for any or all of the items listed plus the ‘focused choice’ option.

2. They must be items you would realistically wish to buy if made RTR at ‘affordable prices’.

3. Submit your entries on this thread simply as (for example): 2, 4, 7 – with comments and explanations following. My posting which follows should serve as an example.

4. If you vote by PM, please only list your selection of numbers without explanations.

GWR Siphons

1 Siphon C – External Frame 4-wheel (eg Diags.O8 & O9 of 1906)

2 Siphon F – External Frame (eg Diag.O7 of 1907)

3 Siphon G – External Frame (eg Diag.O11 of 1912)

4 Siphon G – Internal Frame (eg Diag.O22 of 1926, Diag.O33 etc of 1930)

5 Siphon H – External Frame (eg Diag.O12 of 1919)

6 Siphon J (eg Diags.O31 of 1930 & O40 of 1932)

7 Siphon – ‘Low Siphon’ 6-wheel (eg Diag.O4 of 1896)

Your ‘focused choice’

If there was only enough plastic available in the world to make just one of the above, which would you choose? 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7.

My choices: 3, 4, 6

Focused choice: 4

Cheers.

CoY

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Clearwater said:

I’m not too fussed which ones tbh but would probably (ie almost certainly without fail) purchase any new decent siphon RTR model in OO.

if pushed for a choice, I’d go for 6- siphon J.  It shows up on several of the train formations on the northern route and the only, out of production, kit I’m aware of comes up with hens teeth frequency on a popular auction site that none of us look at never mind compete with each other on!

David

Hello David

Could I ask you to cast your votes as per the introduction notes? That is:

My choices are: x, x, x, x.

My 'focused choice' is: x

Thanks

Brian

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

My choices 4, 7

Focussed on 7

7 it’s rarely seen in model form, as said ideal for plastic injection moulding, for me suits the 30s, branch line milk trains and would be popular with the new products of 4 and six wheelers of that era. 

Edited by Limpley Stoker
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Premium
20 hours ago, BMacdermott said:

Hello Rob and everyone

As there has been 'a good turn out' so far for GWR Mini-Poll No.1, I am happy to now commit to running the whole series which we have agreed with Rob. They are as below and will follow the same Wednesday publication day, Saturday closure day and Sunday results day timetable.

No.2: Mink Vehicles

No.3: Passenger Brake Vans, Monsters & TPO

No.4: Selected Freight & NPCCS

No.5: Passenger & Goods Road Vehicle Carrying Wagons:

No.6: Freight Vehicles

No.7: Departmental Stock

Brian

Great fun to be looking at that; thanks Brian and Co.

P

• Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Limpley Stoker said:

My choices 4, 7

Focussed on 7

7 it’s rarely seen in model form, as said ideal for plastic injection moulding, for me suits the 30s, branch line milk trains and would be popular with the new products of 4 and six wheelers of that era. 

You only have to watch the bidding on eBay for the old Keyser K's models to know that there's a market for the Low siphon. Ditto 40'-0" Siphon F.

• Agree 4