A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

5 but with a few oddments from 4 to make an occasional archaic appearance.    

(I will say nothing about the few 'fun items' from 'age' 1 because almost all have nothing at all to do with the GWR - oops!  But there is some relevance because there is a photo of one of them on this very thread - a long way back)

• Thanks 2
  • Round of applause 1

Shhhhh !!! .....Don't tell Mr.Muz but I think he forgot something when he left Rob's !  No one will ever know Tee Hee Hee !!!!

Quick get your spray gun out Rob :yahoo:

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
Just now, Mallard60022 said:

That looks at home already Rob. Looking Good, not that I ever saw one.

P

Authentic too as there's a photo of No.45 in the Middleton Press book on Kingsbridge. There was a short lived service from Saltash to Brent.:read:

• Informative/Useful 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 4
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, bgman said:

Shhhhh !!! .....Don't tell Mr.Muz but I think he forgot something when he left Rob's !  No one will ever know Tee Hee Hee !!!!

Quick get your spray gun out Rob :yahoo:

I've got the SR Green thinned and ready for it when it arrives - Graham won't notice it :jester:

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Gold

I've been pondering for the last hour what I would need a pair of fish belly bogies for. I couldn't think of anything, but decided I'll be buying a pair anyway just because I can. I have plenty of Siphons begging for the American bogies though.

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

Hello everyone

Many thanks for your support of the Mini-Polls and I'm happy to say we will run some more for you to follow tomorrow's No.8: Departmental Stock.

Funny how things work out, but some of the posts immediately above are, by chance, totally apposite...as you will see in due course!:)

The future Mini-Polls will include such as Autocoaches, Catering, Non-gangwayed Stock and - what will be a star attraction for many - the Toplights.

This latter Mini-Poll will be entitled: GWR 00 Rolling Stock Mini-Poll No.9: The Case for Toplights. (Scheduled for Wednesday 11 August.)

It will follow the example that we had with the TPO stock where the Mini-Poll Team will present you with a case and ask you vote simply in favour or against. 

As noted, please refrain from debating Toplights until you see our case - thanks.

Brian (on behalf of John, Chris & Ian)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, toboldlygo said:

I've got the SR Green thinned and ready for it when it arrives - Graham won't notice it :jester:

you mentioned it once and might have got away with it...

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, gwrrob said:

Indeed and Graham brought both samples, O and R diagrams, to run. To my untrained eye they look the same and the following photos this afternoon may be a mix of both. The bogies, fishbelly etc? will be available as a spare I'm told. As Graham follows this thread he will be aware of anything that needs tweaking. The lighting works on plain DC too. More anon.

It's the body I want to be available as a spare for Autocoach conversion.....

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
On 01/08/2021 at 20:33, gwrrob said:

Thankfully never seen west of Exeter.;)

(That is talking of Southern MNs).  And Rob was alas incorrect with his comment although there are some amusing things involved.  35019 ran between Paddington and Plymouth via the principal route to the latter city during the 1948 Loco Exchanges complete with a black liveried Stanier tender to enable it to pick up from water troughs.  MNs continued to be permitted over the WR route between Exeter and Plymouth for the rest of the steam age in the West of England but they were always banned from the SR's own route between Exeter & Plymouth.

So it isn't unrealistic to see an MN west of Exeter, unless it was on the SR route ;)

• Like 4
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 5

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, The Fatadder said:

It's the body I want to be available as a spare for Autocoach conversion.....

Buy a complete one, but think of it as a spare body, a spare underframe, a spare bogie and a spare power bogie... :)

• Agree 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, 57xx said:

Buy a complete one, but think of it as a spare body, a spare underframe, a spare bogie and a spare power bogie... :)

I'm sure there will be someone out there who would buy the running gear from you.

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1