A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

If I upset anyone recently on here, by asking for a favour,  I apologise sincerely.

Phil

Do you think that you upset someone or anyone, whether animal, vegetable or mineral on here?

Is it possible that you have upset a swede or a small boulder?

Or would you prefer to neither confirm nor deny that your favourite shire horse is called Eric?

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

Do you think that you upset someone or anyone, whether animal, vegetable or mineral on here?

Or would you prefer to neither confirm nor deny that your favourite shire horse is called Eric?

Are all your pets called Eric?

• Funny 3

26 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Or would you prefer another debate on Art?

Oh ! Yes please that would be wonderful, may I ask if it would be possible to include the Pre-Raphaelite period, more specifically those produced my Sir Sloshua Reynolds ?

C.Tate

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

I suspect it may have been a Vegetable that likes sneaking to the Prefects. Thus I get humiliated, which isn't unusual but pi$$es me off. Eric is my Nephew and plays with Ronaldo.

• Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium
39 minutes ago, bgman said:

Oh ! Yes please that would be wonderful, may I ask if it would be possible to include the Pre-Raphaelite period, more specifically those produced my Sir Sloshua Reynolds ?

C.Tate

Sir Sloshula Reynolds was shedded at Darling Ton, Donclaster and Leedels Holbecky; not at the same time of course. It was a Cubist Class Specific.

M.Iro

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 2

Hello chaps, apologies for the intrusion. 

I picked these up recently, and wanted to know if one of you could advise the appropriate livery for 1947 condition (if they were still around then!)

51487690132_5353aeb41b_h.jpg

Thanks in advance!

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, Jack P said:

I picked these up recently, and wanted to know if one of you could advise the appropriate livery for 1947 condition (if they were still around then!)

Thanks in advance!

If they did survive to 1947 (I'm sure I've seen a picture of one), they would of lost the step boards and been in very dirty war time brown, possibly with a GWR Coat of Arms and that's about it.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, Jack P said:

Thanks in advance!

I have built the brake third, the photo I found to work from (which had shortened steps) was in all over brown with GWR over crest, if you havent built any before beware of the bogies (which are a pretty poor design).  Mine isnt actually in service yet as I want to rebuild said bogies with traditional pinpoint axles rather than the supplied compensation units.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

• RMweb Premium

Being on this thread costs you money! :)  A few days ago Rob posted a link to Wessex Wagons and their Cornish Collection. Well I couldn't resist and these two arrived today. They are Dapol wagons with an historic livery applied. Whether the livery is correct for the type of wagon I have no idea but the livery is authentic for 'my' area.

By the 1950s ex PO wagons would of course have extremely well worn liveries and the plan is to keep one side pristine and heavily weather the side that shows plus BR 'P' numbers etc. Parkyn and Peters will likely stand in the siding at the clay dry whilst the other will join one of the clay trains on it's way up the branch. I can't see this type of wagon being used for clay so I'm thinking of coal or some kind of sheeted load.

IMG_8017.jpeg.f28fb2b1141c9da28a7918e13866ec9c.jpeg

• Like 13

1 hour ago, gwrrob said:

Coming soon to this thread as Rail's have said these will be arriving into stock next week.

18000.jpg.386632476c66f17a72a9dbe88378d1a9.jpg

Nice !

Oh ! Where will you put the Kerosene depot due to it having to do quite a few runs / appearances it'll need topping up quite often I reckon.

BP

• Like 2
  • Funny 5

18 hours ago, Jack P said:

Thanks in advance!

There are some appropriate photos here:

https://warwickshirerailways.com/gwr/gwrbsh2494.htm

https://warwickshirerailways.com/gwr/gwrbsh1368.htm

https://warwickshirerailways.com/gwr/gwrbsh2495.htm

Note that by this date many of the body panels, and glass in the clerestories, had been plated over.

Also many had been converted from gas to electric lighting. That would have involved replacing gas cylinders with battery boxes and dynamos.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, bgman said:

Nice !

Oh ! Where will you put the Kerosene depot due to it having to do quite a few runs / appearances it'll need topping up quite often I reckon.

BP

Will it have Smellafunction?

Phil

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Nick Gough said:

There are some appropriate photos here:

https://warwickshirerailways.com/gwr/gwrbsh2494.htm

https://warwickshirerailways.com/gwr/gwrbsh1368.htm

https://warwickshirerailways.com/gwr/gwrbsh2495.htm

Note that by this date many of the body panels, and glass in the clerestories, had been plated over.

Also many had been converted from gas to electric lighting. That would have involved replacing gas cylinders with battery boxes and dynamos.

Yep that's the one's.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info folks!

8 hours ago, The Fatadder said:

Mine isnt actually in service yet as I want to rebuild said bogies with traditional pinpoint axles rather than the supplied compensation units.

So the actual bogies are ok, just don't use the supplied compensation bits?

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, Jack P said:

Thanks for the info folks!

So the actual bogies are ok, just don't use the supplied compensation bits?

I think (from distant memory) that I found a way of modifying them with pinpoint bearings.  I will try and remember to look tomorrow.

• Thanks 1