A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, gwrrob said:

14 feet by 8 feet or 4.27 by 2.44 metres in old money.

Any cake with raspberry's and mascarpone ticks my box.

Eh ? Mascarpone....who he ?  One of da East Side families ? 

But stay...I bring momentous tidings for points west of the Borough of Paddington. The Capo Di Capo of Famiglia Dapoli ( actually Gaugemaster but I don’t do Italian translating for that )  announces the arrival soon of a Magnificent Mogul sweeping in majestically on fair trade winds from China. Brent must sigh with anticipation of what the sweet breezes blow into Southampton Harbour....or ThamesPort or wherever.

End of naff pretentious twaddle...

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Very nice.

The Pannier and a Toad.....

Sounds like something out of the Wind in the Willows!

Linking with trees of course so it all ties in together.

Edited by KNP
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold
38 minutes ago, Trains&armour said:

Naughty chair, naughty chair!   :ireful:

Yes, it's been noted and will be discussed at the next committee meeting. His persistent violation of rule 10A of the regulations is unacceptable. Some people can't see the wood for the trees.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

8 minutes ago, toboldlygo said:

Spam's will enjoy that too much, PVA & Flock him from head to toe and then plant him in field with some hungry goats :jester:

Or.....

Send him to the Riviera on your fastest express Rob and I'll lock him in the tower !

IMG_2708.jpeg.a8a3ea0c73330c34b644f9467b2c2c61.jpeg

G

• Like 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3
  • Funny 2

On ‎24‎/‎08‎/‎2020 at 19:19, Ian Hargrave said:

Eh ? Mascarpone....who he ?  One of da East Side families ? 

But stay...I bring momentous tidings for points west of the Borough of Paddington. The Capo Di Capo of Famiglia Dapoli ( actually Gaugemaster but I don’t do Italian translating for that )  announces the arrival soon of a Magnificent Mogul sweeping in majestically on fair trade winds from China. Brent must sigh with anticipation of what the sweet breezes blow into Southampton Harbour....or ThamesPort or wherever.

End of naff pretentious twaddle...

I'm not allowed cake in the afternoon, and I hate tea, so its a couple of squares of plain chocolate with my coffee, as I enjoy catching up the last three days on this Thread.

Great news that the Moguls will soon (well another monthish?) be with us!

Downside is that the couple of those in BR livery (sorry!), sound fitted will send my credit card screaming for mercy!

Trouble is I can see the BR green Prairie arriving in the same month, but at least it seems the 94xx will be November?

Meanwhile, end of the 5 day cricket Tests means more time for modelling as most of the 20/20 matches are evening affairs.

With the wonders that Rob achieves in 14 x8 as a standard to aim for there is chance that my 12x8 roundy roundy plus branch will look the part. My excuse for the BR era is that is what I remember!

Mind you if the folks down to build this for me don't soon get clear of problems bought on by the virus, including shortages in a number of supply areas, I will be giving up and as Clive's wife says "stop messing about with the model railway and get a hobby" !!

(and before the wise guys tell me to build it myself, been there, failed in woodwork, electrics, and tracklaying, so have the past frustration to prove it.

But scenery I CAN do!!!

( still looking for tips to approach Rob, KNP etc. standard)

Never mind, keep laughing,

Cheers,

Paul  

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, toboldlygo said:

Been there, done that and did a Southen Region riveted tank version ;) 

8745rw_01.jpg.4fcbd72bb4f75a657f3172630ba22ba6.jpg8745rw_02.jpg.fcf033e8ae7d7ad74bf9ed6928b7aa29.jpg

Very nice too! ;)

I'm going to be doing a version of 8745 with riveted tank sides as well. A Weymouth loco before moving to Gloucester. 

Out of interest what rivets did you use? Are they Archer's? If so what set did you use? 

Thanks in advance. 

Mark 

Edited by 46444
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1