A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

I have to say that loco is very nice looking. Very fine........spindly almost. 

But...........its price is a tad salty and you really must want one. 

Rob. 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
46 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

Blatantly borrowed from Hatton's are the Dapol release and in stock of their Mogul, here is the shirt button livery version soon to be seen on here.

158182672_Dapol6385.jpg.69c0de12143c42ffa978cbc8ef9a6549.jpg420809333_Dapol6385.jpgA.jpg.37f33e321990ee78a6f0adb6137adeac.jpg332935532_Dapol6385.jpgB.jpg.df6c9ac8c379989d3c594daf58c72265.jpg1155678426_Dapol6385.jpgC.jpg.ea7bc144d10fd8d24b4716a7145bb10a.jpg

Snap.....one is hopefully getting ready to fly across the Atlantic. Thanks for posting the pics Robin.....look forward to reading your comments.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, john dew said:

Snap.....one is hopefully getting ready to fly across the Atlantic. Thanks for posting the pics Robin.....look forward to reading your comments.

You know me John, never one to sit on the fence getting splinters, always has an opinion.:D

• Funny 2

1 hour ago, gwrrob said:

Blatantly borrowed from Hatton's are the Dapol release and in stock of their Mogul, here is the shirt button livery version soon to be seen on here.

Still I wonder why Dapol went with a BR smokebox plate and shedcode for the 'GWR' version.

At least the shirtbutton is an easy conversion, with something a bit different, no outside steam pipes!

Do hope to see all of your reviews!

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Ribird said:

with something a bit different, no outside steam pipes!

Yes and that threw me as previously I'm sure they said this version was coming with them fitted.

• Friendly/supportive 1

17 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

Yes and that threw me as previously I'm sure they said this version was coming with them fitted.

OH yea! They did! Now that is odd! So now if you want an outside steam pipe GWR Mogul, good luck finding one :blink:

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Just watching BBC Midlands Today who have a report on organisations suffering as a consequence of Lockdown 2#

one of which featured the G&WR at Winchcombe station. Fond memories of ANTB’s away day there.Is it really only two years ago ? So much has happened since but the memories of it and stuff shared here help one keep b#######g on.Thanks Robin & the motley crew.:drink_mini:

• Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Ribird said:

Still I wonder why Dapol went with a BR smokebox plate and shedcode for the 'GWR' version.

At least the shirtbutton is an easy conversion, with something a bit different, no outside steam pipes!

Do hope to see all of your reviews!

Authentic,I can assure you. Those were the transition years remember.If you can’t,ok then.My first order was for this one :D

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

36 minutes ago, Ian Hargrave said:

Authentic,I can assure you. Those were the transition years remember.If you can’t,ok then.My first order was for this one :D

No I hear you with that, just it's easier to convert to a transitional livery, than backdating one.

But as @gwrrob and @BenL pointed out, those letters might not be in the correct position on the tender! 

Whoever was teasing us with a GWR release earlier today, I do wonder, what was everyone else's guess? I saw @gwrrob was hoping for a 15xx.

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Ribird said:

it's easier to convert to a transitional livery, than backdating one.

I'm likely to do the opposite. My first order is for the BR black version with outside steam pipes. If I'm happy with that, I'll get the GWR one with inside steam pipes and a smokebox number plate, then paint it black.

For the avoidance of doubt, neither will have red number plates...

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold

Most disappointed, I didn’t quite get my Mitchell one running before the Dapol one hit the shops.  Almost but not quite...

I’m sure I will eventually end up with a Dapol to go with it, and certainly will if they produce the collett cab version 

Edited by The Fatadder
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
20 hours ago, Limpley Stoker said:

Nice wheels.

A nice green too from what I've seen so far. Looking promising.

Edited by gwrrob
spilling
  • Like 4

On 12/11/2020 at 19:56, Ribird said:

Whoever was teasing us with a GWR release earlier today, I do wonder, what was everyone else's guess? I saw @gwrrob was hoping for a 15xx.

I built a 15XX many years ago. I really went to town on the detail and then found I rarely ran it. A bit limited as to what duty it can do. I gave to to a friend. I do not think he runs it much either. I had a second kit which, after not using the first one much,  was sold on to someone who built is as the Coventry NCB version. He does use it on his industrial line.

If one was produced rtr how many would be regularly used?

Mike Wiltshire

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Coach bogie said:

I built a 15XX many years ago. I really went to town on the detail and then found I rarely ran it. A bit limited as to what duty it can do. I gave to to a friend. I do not think he runs it much either. I had a second kit which, after not using the first one much,  was sold on to someone who built is as the Coventry NCB version. He does use it on his industrial line.

If one was produced rtr how many would be regularly used?

Mike Wiltshire

Probably about as many as models of Duke of Gloucester or the prototype Deltic.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Coach bogie said:

was sold on to someone who built is as the Coventry NCB version. He does use it on his industrial line.

The only livery I'd want for sentimental reasons as I don't live a million miles from where she , 1501 worked. Absolutely no use for Brent but then neither was 92220 but I bought the Bachmann model.

1501.jpg.7d33c40169f937e21948ffc30cbb9fbb.jpg

• Like 11