A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, colin penfold said:

Thanks sheep bloke. I'm living very close to real sheep now

I know you can't admit to living in Horrocksford, but we do understand, really we do!

Jolly pleasant to see you on this thread once again, Mr P.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Siberian Snooper said:

Only the usual midseason slide down the table.

Wouldn't be the same without that to make me even more angry, would it?

In 60 years I can remember only a handful of times when I have had no fear that the Greens were not going down and about two occasions when I actually knew they would be promoted before they actually were!!!!

However, how are the collection of Moguls from members of ANTBFC? Any issues? I still have not put mine on the RR.

P

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, colin penfold said:

Thanks sheep bloke. I'm living very close to real sheep now......

A close proximity to which can only be of benefit. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

Wouldn't be the same without that to make me even more angry, would it?

In 60 years I can remember only a handful of times when I have had no fear that the Greens were not going down and about two occasions when I actually knew they would be promoted before they actually were!!!!

However, how are the collection of Moguls from members of ANTBFC? Any issues? I still have not put mine on the RR.

P

As I've been tending to Robin's Mogul, I can say his one runs beautifully on Southern Rails. I've made my observations about it on the Dapol thread.

However for any purchasing them online insist on Royal Mail delivering it, as if it's handled by certain courier's, it may arrive as a model kit.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
30 minutes ago, 46444 said:

Well it's been a bit of a year but I feel the followers of ANTB have shared this tough time together. 

Robin has given us great and western railways along with banter and support from a close knit band of noble brothers... ;)

Here's to a better 2021 for everyone and with a 94xx, 78xx and 15xx on the cards it's heading in the right direction already.. 

Going back a few years here's a Festive scene at Staverton to help get the sherry and mince pie specials running... 

3205 Staverton

Wishing you all good health and happiness. 

Cheers, 

Mark 

You've forgotten the Kerosene Castle ;) :P 

• Agree 5

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, 46444 said:

noble brothers... ;)

I didn't think the new Grand Inquisitor would reveal his presence so soon - Spams must be doing an excellent job in your privy, oh master of the Malachite ;) 

Edited by toboldlygo
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Now before anyone says I've lost leave of my senses, here's an interesting photo taken at Swindon in 1953. Very useful for modellers who wish to buy the newly announced Bachmann/Rails/ Locomotion V2 and give it a Western touch.

Gresley V2 class 2-6-2 no. 60845 paired with a Collett tender at Swindon on 23/3/53. 60845 was loaned to the western Region for comparative trials twice in 1952. This shot was taken near the end of the second loan period as she was returned to her home shed of New England on 5/4/53. [Mike Morant collection]

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 2

7 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

Now before anyone says I've lost leave of my senses, here's an interesting photo taken at Swindon in 1953. Very useful for modellers who wish to buy the newly announced Bachmann/Rails/ Locomotion V2 and give it a Western touch.

Gresley V2 class 2-6-2 no. 60845 paired with a Collett tender at Swindon on 23/3/53. 60845 was loaned to the western Region for comparative trials twice in 1952. This shot was taken near the end of the second loan period as she was returned to her home shed of New England on 5/4/53. [Mike Morant collection]

Please note that the Doctor will be able to see you as an Urgent Case and administer suitable G.W.R. medication without question !

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, bgman said:

Please note that the Doctor will be able to see you as an Urgent Case and administer suitable G.W.R. medication without question !

Didn't you know, as part of 'Operation Paper Clip' the GWR got given some German Railway Engineers...

The poor V2 (along with many others) were part of their experiments... ;) 

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 4

Robin  you should  get this version of  V2 60845 cunningly disguised with an "improved" front end:

1021472971_60845nearSwindon.jpg.2f16e5fdad3eb40283a2e9ffcf410541.jpg

Seen here on test near Swindon with a mere 610 tons in tow and apparently there is another photo somewhere showing it pulling 25 coaches with a weight of 762 tons.

I wonder what the new model will pull....

Edited by cary hill
  • Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, gwrrob said:

Perhaps 2manyspams will also buy some V2s as cover due to fires? :jester:

2manyV2s?

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, gwrrob said:

Good God Man ! 

Have you lost  leave of your senses... !!!!

11 hours ago, cary hill said:

Robin  you should  get this version of  V2 60845 cunningly disguised with an "improved" front end:

1021472971_60845nearSwindon.jpg.2f16e5fdad3eb40283a2e9ffcf410541.jpg

Seen here on test near Swindon with a mere 610 tons in tow and apparently there is another photo somewhere showing it pulling 25 coaches with a weight of 762 tons.

I wonder what the new model will pull....

Well,  on a positive (!) , at least its wearing a mask. 

Rob. 

Edited by NHY 581
  • Agree 3
  • Round of applause 5
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

In case I forget, Season's Clap to you all.

Yes, I am still here (just) and now I need a few laughs, so:

I have to announce that my new Mogul (7310 that will become 7311) did not fall to pieces on first test on the RR. Have no fear, it may become filthy for its' infrequent appearances through SOSJ; I have to check its' condition in December 1960!

I have acquired a top nick, but rather old version Castle, Earl Cairns for 1998. It will become 5093 and I have some idea of what modifications are required for that loco circa December 1960. I see the centre driver Balance Weights need changing and a decent Lubricator just behind the Steam Pipes (both sides presumably?)

However, as I said, I needed a laugh and so I ask you experienced fellows what you would suggest to make that oldy look a bit more acceptable. I have a coupe of pictures of that loco to work from.

I have to say that it will appear fewer times than my wallet at a meet up of the ANTB gang and it will be pretty filthy when it does. It only needs to pass the 2' view test and maybe some photos and not the Tony Wright wiggly pipes test (unless they are very obviously missing from somewhere). 

With thanks from Duck Towers.

Phil

• Like 8
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Mallard60022 said:

I see the centre driver Balance Weights need changing and a decent Lubricator just behind the Steam Pipes (both sides presumably?)

These might be useful but how easy is it to remove the incorrect ones.

https://www.phoenix-paints.co.uk/products/jedetail/jewestern/jedetail-gwdetail-etched/jew257

• Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

In case I forget, Season's Clap to you all.

Yes, I am still here (just) and now I need a few laughs, so:

I have to announce that my new Mogul (7310 that will become 7311) did not fall to pieces on first test on the RR. Have no fear, it may become filthy for its' infrequent appearances through SOSJ; I have to check its' condition in December 1960!

I have acquired a top nick, but rather old version Castle, Earl Cairns for 1998. It will become 5093 and I have some idea of what modifications are required for that loco circa December 1960. I see the centre driver Balance Weights need changing and a decent Lubricator just behind the Steam Pipes (both sides presumably?)

However, as I said, I needed a laugh and so I ask you experienced fellows what you would suggest to make that oldy look a bit more acceptable. I have a coupe of pictures of that loco to work from.

I have to say that it will appear fewer times than my wallet at a meet up of the ANTB gang and it will be pretty filthy when it does. It only needs to pass the 2' view test and maybe some photos and not the Tony Wright wiggly pipes test (unless they are very obviously missing from somewhere). 

With thanks from Duck Towers.

Phil

Good onya Phil, as we say. Mogul, Castle, (Pannier on the branch?) - you're getting the right idea...

All the very best to you and yours.

• Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold

Thankyou, Rob. You, and a small number of other layout-owners, have kept our spirits up this year with unceasing quality modelling photos, and we are grateful.

I have just seen a preview of this years Christmas Queen's Speech. Her Maj, who had her own 'annus horibilis' a few decades back, is sat in front of a decorated tree, of course, and captioned as saying  "Well, where do we (expletive) start?"

• Like 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Gold

Thanks as well Robin. 

Looking forwards to more ANTB and seeing those wagon projects in 2021.. ;)

Meanwhile here is some heavy 2-8-0 action in the snow at Nappers Halt 10 years ago now.. 

3803...Nappers Halt 2010

Cheers, 

Mark 

Edited by 46444
  • Like 15
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1