A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold
42 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

So who's watching out for signals, or are they running tender-first?

They have confidence in ATC!

Paul.

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

On 31/01/2021 at 10:37, Captain Kernow said:

Notwithstanding the fact that many of us have been looking forward to this model for some time, I, and the Membership Committee of the Kernow Towers First Class Pannier Lounge really, really hope that this join line is not typical of the production locos:

Looking at the 15xx, same style in the CAD Images. Image taken off of the RMweb thread.

image.png.f84fa6a4682bf96017a306297f315929.png

• Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

A large plate of chips.

Does that come with a large battered haddock, mushy peas, scraps and a bread cake? 

;)

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Ribird said:

Looking at the 15xx, same style in the CAD Images. Image taken off of the RMweb thread.

image.png.f84fa6a4682bf96017a306297f315929.png

I used to love watching those at Paddington. Quite a different loco to the usual offensive ones without gesticulating bits.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

I realise dating locos and stock is important in the OO world, but there is a lot that might be useful.  The odd Duke or two could have made it post war, perhaps an Aberdare or some of the ancient 0-6-0STs lurking in Cornwall and elsewhere and while they may not have made it past Brent, at least it might have transpired and brought some variety?  Or is that my toy train way of thinking?

Brian.

• Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, brianusa said:

I realise dating locos and stock is important in the OO world, but there is a lot that might be useful.  The odd Duke or two could have made it post war, perhaps an Aberdare or some of the ancient 0-6-0STs lurking in Cornwall and elsewhere and while they may not have made it past Brent, at least it might have transpired and brought some variety?  Or is that my toy train way of thinking?

Brian.

I forgot which locos to be exact, but the Aberdare did make it past the war and up to BR (but never made it far into BR). Bird series of the 3300 class did make up to 1951. Does look like some Bulldogs did make it to 1949, with one or two until 1951.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, Ribird said:

@gwrrob which version of Accurascale's Manor are you planning on purchasing? The GWR or G*crest*W version? 

7818 but we have a query that's being looked at concerning the placing of the G and W on the rivetted tender.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

24 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

7818 but we have a query that's being looked at concerning the placing of the G and W on the rivetted tender.

Oooh? Is the placement not correct? Not supposed to be centered with the middle axle box?  

Also, then 7819 has the GWR on the tender. Would this version be directly after the war, but before the crest was reimplemented? Or is 7819 having a BR smokebox with GWR like some manufactures like to do :banghead:(only asking, not saying this is true for Accurascale)

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
17 hours ago, Ribird said:

Oooh? Is the placement not correct? Not supposed to be centered with the middle axle box?  

Also, then 7819 has the GWR on the tender. Would this version be directly after the war, but before the crest was reimplemented? Or is 7819 having a BR smokebox with GWR like some manufactures like to do :banghead:(only asking, not saying this is true for Accurascale)

Play it safe and go for the G W R version as these were the most common. The Accurascale version doesn't have the smokebox number.

In other news it's great to see Bachmann doing something about the incorrect front end on their modified Hall but disappointingly no release has the Collett tender.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold

Without trying to big him up too much , followers of the blog by the venerable @Captain Kernow will see his latest build amongst other stuff of the ex SR ballast wagon to diagram 1773. What I'd like to know is in ED trains were they mixed region wagons or of just one company. Wondering if I could run one with my Starfish for example.

Photo courtesy of CK.

231204407_Five79SRLing.jpg.424024167a6430909cd1a545af56df47.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

Play it safe and go for the G W R version as these were the most common. The Accurascale version doesn't have the smokebox number.

In other news it's great to see Bachmann doing something about the incorrect front end on their modified Hall but disappointingly no release has the Collett tender.

Only one had the Hawksworth in GWR Lined Green

• Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold
40 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

But where’s the “signature” baffle plate on the front bogie ? Unless of course it ends up in the “accessory” bag. That was always the distinguishing feature that told you the oncoming loco was 6959 Hall. Well after being taken to task after the first release and the issue cast aside with a shrug of the shoulders,Bachmann some years on finally got round to improvement. We shall see.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
38 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

Im interested to see how Accurascale go about doing the smokebox door / number on their BR releases, as if I get one I think I am more likely than not to go GWR Black.  It took me long enough to find justification for 7804 passing through Brent (and even now I am not sure if I imagined it as I cant find the photo!)  Finding justification for another is proving incredibly difficult. 

41 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

Or go for the current version, get a Brassmasters kit and do some modelling, I have to say I cant understand why they still havent released a GWR version of the mod hall (with either tender).  Even though 6971 only ran in this condition for 2 months under GWR ownership I am sure it must have continued into the BR period, and 2 months is plenty enough time for those of us modelling Post War GWR to justify buying one.   Annoyingly I am fairly sure mine has blown its decoder as it currently wont respond to the controller.  I am going to keep an eye on the 2nd hand prices now and see if the incorrect version can be picked up for a bargain price, I quite fancy one of the early Modified Halls which didnt carry a name for quite a while after leaving Swindon.

1.jpg

• Like 10
  • Agree 2