A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

A nicer image is that @KNP has some cattle vans on Little Muddle at the moment but I'm reliably informed that some are coming this way too having just left Ponsandane sidings. More anon.

• Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium

Apart from being rather unpleasant about Claire like some  oldgits in Spoons, why don't you have a listen to the programme and find out that Coventry is developing its future and celebrating its rich history in its year of being City of Culture. 

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, gwrrob said:

Hall class 5998 Trevor Hall heads east on a class C turn returning empty cattle vans from Cornwall. These are the Bachmann models and although not truly accurate look ok to me in a layout setting. Maybe @BMacdermott will have another option to vote for in the upcoming poll.

ancientHalls.jpg.e8310dddcbeca82fd27e76d78fa0f155.jpg

Georgio has spoken ;) 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

Apart from being rather unpleasant about Claire like some  oldgits in Spoons, why don't you have a listen to the programme and find out that Coventry is developing its future and celebrating its rich history in its year of being City of Culture. 

Well thank you for the stereotype labelling there. ...

I just don't happen to find the idea of Ms Balding performing as Lady Godiva aesthetically appealing. Blame my artistic sensibility if you like, but I've never owned a Transit or a copy of the Daily Sport and you definitely won't find me shouting at the football results in wetherspoons or anywhere else for that matter.

I grew up in the Leicester Coventry Birmingham triangle in the 70s and I have relatives in Kerseley. No matter how much the masters of spin talk it up, the Midlands in general has had its heart ripped out since the sixties, aided and abetted by successive governments of all persuasions. 

Town planners, profit before people developers and asset strippers have achieved what the Luftwaffe couldn't.

A miracle is what is needed. One that brings real, long term prospects.

Peace

Out

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, brianusa said:

Especially like the large format with the better detail,  More like this, please Rob!

Brian

Yo Brian, still here thank goodness. There was some worry about you and some oghers a few weeks back my friend .

P

• Friendly/supportive 3

4 minutes ago, brianusa said:

Warning!  Don't go outside late with your slippers on - you will fall and break your hip! :mad:  But I have returned home, still under drs orders and  told to be patient as all will be well in the end.  

That's rough! Do as the doc orders and look after yourself, it's not being lightweight to take it easy. A friend of mine came out of hospital after a minor heart attack four weeks ago. What does he do? Got bored, started trying to build bicycles again and ended up back in hospital this Thursday last. 

Slippers are killers, I haven't worn them since my late twenties, lost my footing coming downstairs, that was bad enough, but my German Shepherd was at the bottom and I knocked him flying. That scared him and he had a snap at me, which was the worst of the injuries.

Get well soon and buy something with grip soles!

• Friendly/supportive 3

7 minutes ago, brianusa said:

Especially like the large format with the better detail,  More like this, please Rob!

Brian

Agreed, photos like those are what spur me on to get my layout built. The line I am building carries mostly livestock and timber. I have a lot of old cattle trucks to build!

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Well thank you for the stereotype labelling there. ...

I just don't happen to find the idea of Ms Balding performing as Lady Godiva aesthetically appealing. Blame my artistic sensibility if you like, but I've never owned a Transit or a copy of the Daily Sport and you definitely won't find me shouting at the football results in wetherspoons or anywhere else for that matter.

I grew up in the Leicester Coventry Birmingham triangle in the 70s and I have relatives in Kerseley. No matter how much the masters of spin talk it up, the Midlands in general has had its heart ripped out since the sixties, aided and abetted by successive governments of all persuasions. 

Town planners, profit before people developers and asset strippers have achieved what the Luftwaffe couldn't.

A miracle is what is needed. One that brings real, long term prospects.

Peace

Out

Well sorry if you think that way. However the programme was about the future for Coventry and as Rob has connections with that I thought it might be of interest as it looks to the future ands wasn't political in any way at all AND had some railway connections. I won't bother next time.

Enough now.

Phil

• Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold
22 hours ago, brianusa said:

Brian

You might like the roof weathering too Sir.;)

DSCN7918.JPG.a59aaaf4fcfeeea260e7b999c1b124dd.JPG

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

Hello everyone

As previewed by Rob a few days ago, I am pleased to say that, with the help of my friends John Lewis, Chris Knowles-Thomas and Ian Taylor, we will be running some GWR 00 Rolling Stock Mini-Polls for you over the coming weeks, starting tomorrow...but with the caveat that we need a reasonable 'turn out' to make them viable.

Many of you will know John as a GWR author. We are all members of The 00 Wishlist Poll Team, but we emphasise that we are acting here in our own 'personal capacities' albeit with the 'approval' of the full Team.

Some of you will also be aware that I am running similar Mini-Polls on Gilbert Barnatt's Peterborough North thread.

The aim of the Mini-Polls is primarily to have some fun looking at a wide range of models that you would realistically wish to buy if made RTR. A spin-off from that is that the comments and debate will provide some 'educational value'.

Learning from my experience in running The 00 Wishlist Poll as well as the Peterborough Mini-Polls is that voters sometimes take matters a tad too seriously and I get postings saying (such as): Does this include Variant A, with Buffers B, in Livery C, with Wheels D, as running in years E-F?

The answer is that you may assume so! It is impossible for us to list every incarnation!

We run under the mantra: If it looks like a Cattle Wagon, it probably is a Cattle Wagon.

OK...tune in tomorrow for some Siphons!

Brian

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Can I echo Brian's thought and rally everyone to vote please as a lot of work has been put into this behind the scenes by the poll team and we need the votes to be viable with some quantity.:drink_mini:

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1