Jump to content

A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.


gwrrob
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, 2ManySpams said:

 

Rob old fruit, do you have an S&D 7F in the fleet? 

 

Unfortunately not unless you mean an 8F 8434 I do have.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, The Stationmaster said:

Why - do you want one or is it just a passing thing? :jester: 

 

I think it would look jolly spiffing on the layout, trundling along with some MK1s in tow.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

 

Unfortunately not unless you mean an 8F 8434 I do have.

 

Glad you said unfortunately, that obviously means you're considering rectifying the situation. Well done that man.

  • Round of applause 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, 2ManySpams said:

 

Glad you said unfortunately, that obviously means you're considering rectifying the situation. Well done that man.

 

As is usual in situations like this I'd like proof in photographic evidence so we can consider any forthcoming applications. Terms and conditions apply but your statutory rights are not affected.

  • Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

 

As is usual in situations like this I'd like proof in photographic evidence so we can consider any forthcoming applications. Terms and conditions apply but your statutory rights are not affected.

 

SheepBloke and I definitely saw several. Is our word not good enough?

  • Funny 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

But he keeps saying baa so what sort of word is that?

 

I blame him for subscribing to Farmers Weekly !

  • Agree 2
  • Funny 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, 2ManySpams said:

 

It would be rude to choose and it would upset their feelings.

 

 

I have as many children as lineside huts , so here's my middle child.:D

 

post-126-0-59252000-1364652990.jpg.411e9b0bced9537f257921f20d6c6621.jpg

 

  • Like 17
Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding the viability of offering many of the poll items that have been/will be featured, I see Revolution have just announced (in N scale) the 1938 tube stock and All steel ‘K-type’ Pullmans.

 

If those items can be viable in N I would have to think a bunch of the GWR stuff people want (and have voted for) should be viable in OO.

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Agree 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, mdvle said:

Regarding the viability of offering many of the poll items that have been/will be featured, I see Revolution have just announced (in N scale) the 1938 tube stock and All steel ‘K-type’ Pullmans.

 

If those items can be viable in N I would have to think a bunch of the GWR stuff people want (and have voted for) should be viable in OO.

1938 tube stock!

 

Reminds me of my youth, living next to the Piccadilly line.

1938 stock, 1959 stock and, more importantly, scruffy red Pannier tanks!

  • Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • RMweb Gold

Results – GWR 00 Rolling Stock Mini-Poll No.13: Non-gangwayed Coaches

 

Hello everyone

 

Many thanks to the 27 voters who took part. The number of votes to each item is shown in the left hand column and Comments Received are appended on a PDF as usual.

 

Please note that the results reflect the views of those who voted here and may not necessarily reflect those of the wider modelling community.

 

High Polling

18        Collett B-set 57ft Flat Ended Diag.E147

15        Collett B-set 61ft Bow Ended Diag.E140

11        Collett 57ft x 9ft Non-gangwayed Flat Ended Coaches

10        Collett B-set 61ft Bow Ended Diag.E145

 

Middle Polling

8          Collett 61ft 2in x 9ft Non-gangwayed Bow Ended Coaches

8          Hawksworth 63ft 0¾in x 8ft 11in Flat End Non-gangwayed Coaches

6          Dean Non-Gangwayed Clerestory Coaches

 

Low Polling

5          Churchward 56ft 11¼in ‘Toplight’ Steel Panelled Non-gangwayed Coaches

5          Churchward and Collett 'Main Line & City' coaches

4          Collet 59ft 3in x 8ft 11in Non-gangwayed Flat Ended Composites Diag.E156 & Diag.2189

1          Dean Low Roof Coaches

1          Hawksworth 64ft Lavatory Brake Composites (1960)

 

Your suggestions of any Non-gangwayed Coaches not listed.

There were none.

 

We will be back on Wednesday 15 September with our final Mini-Poll – GWR 00 Rolling Stock Mini-Poll No.14: Autocoaches. This will run until midnight on Saturday 18 September.

 

Brian

(Note: These are ‘informal Polls for fun’ on Rob’s thread only and neither RMweb nor The 00 Wishlist Poll Team are specifically involved, apart from me, John, Chris and Ian in our ‘personal capacities’.)

 

GWR Mini-Poll No.13 Non-gangwayed Stock Comments Received.pdf

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, BMacdermott said:

Results – GWR 00 Rolling Stock Mini-Poll No.13: Non-gangwayed Coaches

 

Hello everyone

 

Many thanks to the 27 voters who took part. The number of votes to each item is shown in the left hand column and Comments Received are appended on a PDF as usual.

 

Please note that the results reflect the views of those who voted here and may not necessarily reflect those of the wider modelling community.

 

High Polling

18        Collett B-set 57ft Flat Ended Diag.E147

15        Collett B-set 61ft Bow Ended Diag.E140

11        Collett 57ft x 9ft Non-gangwayed Flat Ended Coaches

10        Collett B-set 61ft Bow Ended Diag.E145

.....

 

Thanks very much for the latest poll @BMacdermottand team.

 

It's interesting to compare it to the gangwayed poll a few weeks ago, where 35 people voted. I have taken an excerpt below:

 

High Polling:

26     Collett 60ft 9ft wide large window / Sunshine

19     Collett 61ft 9ft & 9ft 3 wide Bow end general service

19     Collett 60ft 9ft wide excursion coach

 

Presumably this means that people have an over-riding preference for corridor carriages

 

Is that reflected in the annual wish-list polls as well? Although I suspect the Autocoaches next week will get high polling....

 

I'm looking forward to the summary of all the polls to see if there are other "anomalies / quirks"

 

Thanks again. Neal.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • RMweb Gold

Hello Neal

 

GWR Coaches Results 2019 PDF attached.

 

Bear in mind that the 00 Poll was widely publicised and ran for three weeks. It can't really be directly compared with the Mini-Polls which are on a 'GWR specific thread' and only run for a few days - mostly within peak holiday season.

 

Brian

GWR Coaches - Extract from Results 00 Wishlist Poll 2019.pdf

Edited by BMacdermott
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • RMweb Gold

It's interesting to read the 2019 results again, particularly as Autocoaches are next in the mini poll.

 

Hopefully all this exposure and talk of GWR carriages will spur some new RTR very soon.....

 

Thanks again,

  • Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • RMweb Gold

Hello Neal and everyone

 

A factor to take into account with the 00 Poll is that we listed 800+ items although we conservatively estimated that we could have listed 30,000+ items.

 

So... the 800 are 'already towards the top of the tree' and even 'low pollers' are consequently way up in that hierarchy.

 

The following have been announced since publication of the 2019 Poll Results.

 

8    The Top 50 

  • 6 steam locos
  • 1 PCCS (post-steam era)
  • 1 Freight (steam era)

 

10  High Polling

  • 4 Steam locos
  • 1 Diesel loco (steam era partly)
  • 1 DMU (steam era partly)
  • 1 EMU (post-steam era)
  • 1 PCCS (steam era)
  • 1 NPCCS (steam era)
  • 1 Freight (steam era)

 

4    Middle Polling

  • 1 Steam loco
  • 3 Freight (1 steam era, 2 post-steam era)

 

5    Low Polling 

  • 1 Diesel loco (partly steam era)
  • 1 PCCS (steam era)
  • 1 NPCCS (post-steam era)
  • 2 Freight (post-steam era)

 

Of those 27 items, 19 were from the top half of the listings.

 

There have only been a handful of announcements over the years of items that we didn't have listed. Some of those were 'ready for the next year' but didn't get in the current year due to overloads on certain categories.

 

Brian

  • Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...