Jump to content

A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.


gwrrob
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

Holy ####! Glad you are here.

P

 

As part of this threads SR Holy Trinity lets hope he's being well looked after by the men in malachite.:drink_mini:

  • Agree 5
  • Friendly/supportive 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • RMweb Gold

1,3,4

13 TVR; as Johnster plus possibility of TVR livery

 

I have a theoretical cutoff date of 1925-30 tho' make frequent use of Rule 1

 

The South & Mid Wales cos (excl GWR and MR) are not well coverred by RTR manufactures - could it be so rare that people go for it/them? Plenty of info out there in the wild.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot depended on where one did the spotting whether it was stinker or flyer.  In those days, most relied on the North Rd lane where they could sit\stand on the wall and watch the trains.  By extension, Mutley and Laira  were in easy cycling distance but there were the outliers at Tavistock Junct. etc, where at that time there was always a lot of shunting  going on as well as fresh 'cops' coming off Hemerdon.

   Brian.

 

  • Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • RMweb Gold

Results – GWR 00 Rolling Stock Mini-Poll No.14: Autocoaches

 

Hello everyone

 

Many thanks to the 23 voters who took part. The number of votes to each item is shown in the left hand column and Comments Received are appended on a PDF as usual.

 

Interesting to note that Diags.A26-A30 are at the top and that the Compartment Trailers are at the bottom.

 

Please note that the results reflect the views of those who voted here and may not necessarily reflect those of the wider modelling community.

 

High Polling

11        Auto Trailer Diags.A26 & A29 of 1928-36

10        Auto Trailer Diag.A27 of 1930

9          Auto Trailer Diags.A28 & A30 of 1930-3

 

Middle Polling

8          Auto Trailer Diags.Z, A6, A7 & A9 of 1915-1920

5          Auto Trailer Diags.A10 & A31 of 1920-3 & 1933-4

4          Auto Trailer Diags.E, L, P, T & U of 1905

 

Low Polling

3          Compartment Trailer Diag.A44 of 1955

3          Auto Trailer Diags.J & N of 1906/7

1          Compartment Trailer ‘Clifton Downs’ Sets

1          Compartment Trailer Diag.A33 of 1937

0          Compartment Trailer Diag.A34 of 1939

0          Compartment Trailer Diags.A41 & A42 of 1953

 

Suggestions

1          Ex-Cardiff Railway Diags.A20 & A21.

1          Ex-Taff Vale Railway Twin Sets.

1          A general note of support for TVR Auto stock.

1          One of the Clerestory Trailers.

 

We will be back later today with: Overall Results – Top-to-Bottom.

 

Brian

(Note: These are ‘informal Polls for fun’ on Rob’s thread only and neither RMweb nor The 00 Wishlist Poll Team are specifically involved, apart from me, John, Chris and Ian in our ‘personal capacities’.)

GWR Mini-Poll No.14 Autocoaches Comments Received.pdf

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • RMweb Gold

GWR 00 Rolling Stock Mini-Polls Nos.1-14 - Overall Results, Top-to-Bottom

 

Hello everyone

 

Your Mini-Poll Team is very happy to present you with a set of overall results.

 

We have presented them in the usual ‘Poll Team style’ as per the old Wishlist Polls but please note:

  • There were 14 Mini-Polls run over several weeks but for just a few days each
  • Some of the Mini-Polls were run under slightly different voting formats
  • Some of the ‘voter suggested items’ polled up to six votes but are not shown in these Results
  • Although we had a ‘solid core’ of regular voters, others dipped in and out (so to speak)
  • Therefore, the voting was ‘not on a level playing field’ as would have been the case with main Polls.

However, having said that, we still believe that the results are a fair representation and wouldn’t be materially different had we run them in one fell swoop – although some of the TPO types may have had more votes within that scenario.

 

We had the Diag.K22 in the NPCCS Mini-Poll as well the ‘Toplights’ one (for valid reasons) so we have shown the K22 as it appeared in the former.

 

As you will see, The Top 10 (actually 11 due to equal votes) comprises:

  • Four Passenger Brake Vans: K22, K40, K41, and K42
  • Two items of passenger stock: 56ft 11¼in ‘Toplights’ and Collett ‘Large Window’/’Sunshine Stock’
  • Two Dining Cars: Diag.H25 and Diag.38 Compo Diners
  • Two Siphons G: the inside- and outside-framed versions, and the…
  • Cordon Gas Tank

 

Brian, John, Chris & Ian

GWR Mini-Polls - Overall Results Top-to-Bottom.pdf

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Informative/Useful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Brian and the team for running these polls.

 

It has been an interesting, informative and useful process.

 

I think it's also interesting to find out about other modeller's interests and wants. I've found out a few things from the other participants.

 

Whatever material items may result I believe it's been a a worthwhile exercise.

  • Agree 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, Nick Gough said:

 

Whatever material items may result I believe it's been a a worthwhile exercise.

 

My advice would be to start saving the pennies now.;)

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

 

My advice would be to start saving the pennies now.;)

 

Couldn't see the Bulleid D2406 composite brake coach on the list. Obviously very disappointed with the omission. Every layout should have 5. :P

  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Many thanks to Brian and the rest of his Team for all the work they have put into these Mini-Polls, and thanks again to Robin ANTB for hosting them.  Interesting that Toplight coaches were well ahead of anything else; maybe one day.................

 

Martin

  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • RMweb Gold
31 minutes ago, BMacdermott said:

 

I actually need six!

 

Brian

Impressive! Sadly I only have one D2406, currently forming the Torrington branch train, but two of the less-numerous D2405, in different liveries but with the same number! At least I have the correctly-numbered partner-coach from that set for one of them. 

  • Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BMacdermott said:

GWR 00 Rolling Stock Mini-Polls Nos.1-14 - Overall Results, Top-to-Bottom

 

Hello everyone

 

Your Mini-Poll Team is very happy to present you with a set of overall results.

 

We have presented them in the usual ‘Poll Team style’ as per the old Wishlist Polls but please note:

  • There were 14 Mini-Polls run over several weeks but for just a few days each
  • Some of the Mini-Polls were run under slightly different voting formats
  • Some of the ‘voter suggested items’ polled up to six votes but are not shown in these Results
  • Although we had a ‘solid core’ of regular voters, others dipped in and out (so to speak)
  • Therefore, the voting was ‘not on a level playing field’ as would have been the case with main Polls.

However, having said that, we still believe that the results are a fair representation and wouldn’t be materially different had we run them in one fell swoop – although some of the TPO types may have had more votes within that scenario.

 

We had the Diag.K22 in the NPCCS Mini-Poll as well the ‘Toplights’ one (for valid reasons) so we have shown the K22 as it appeared in the former.

 

As you will see, The Top 10 (actually 11 due to equal votes) comprises:

  • Four Passenger Brake Vans: K22, K40, K41, and K42
  • Two items of passenger stock: 56ft 11¼in ‘Toplights’ and Collett ‘Large Window’/’Sunshine Stock’
  • Two Dining Cars: Diag.H25 and Diag.38 Compo Diners
  • Two Siphons G: the inside- and outside-framed versions, and the…
  • Cordon Gas Tank

 

Brian, John, Chris & Ian

GWR Mini-Polls - Overall Results Top-to-Bottom.pdf 111.3 kB · 5 downloads

 

Thank you Brian and team. My wallet is quaking at the the thought that any of those vehicles might make it into production...

  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 2ManySpams said:

 

Couldn't see the Bulleid D2406 composite brake coach on the list. Obviously very disappointed with the omission. Every layout should have 5. :P

5? Only 5? Blimey, is that a single line Closed Terminus shunting plank?

P

  • Funny 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, brianusa said:

A lot depended on where one did the spotting whether it was stinker or flyer.  In those days, most relied on the North Rd lane where they could sit\stand on the wall and watch the trains.  By extension, Mutley and Laira  were in easy cycling distance but there were the outliers at Tavistock Junct. etc, where at that time there was always a lot of shunting  going on as well as fresh 'cops' coming off Hemerdon.

   Brian.

 

Bit of wall just up from the Eye Hospital at the end of the sidings. Where the old Mutley Station used to be. Called it The Pylon. Used to see the stuff pounding towards the Tunnel from there....lovely.

P

  • Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • RMweb Gold

Thanks Brian and team, an interesting poll to take part in. I for one did not submit a Nil Return when the items were not of interest to me, but I did look, so still participated although not in a visible way. I'm sure the results are still valid.

If manufacturers take notice, the requested items will not all come at once and we should be able to save up our pennies and avoid bankruptcy,  unless they bring out a whole train of Toplights in all the period liveries - that might be a problem!

Bazza 

  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • RMweb Gold

Excellent polls thanks very much @BMacdermott and team and to @gwrrobfor hosting on ANTB.

 

Interesting that the polling is dominated by carriages, rather than wagons / freight vehicles. I guess that’s the nature of the beast.

 

If only we could get an indication, which ones are likely to be produced! I’m sure someone like Rapido would relish a GWR restaurant carriage. @rapidoandy eh? 
 

I wonder whether the debate will now be extended into any of the print magazines? BRM or Model Rail etc. @AY Mod@dibber25
 

Thanks again Brian , a very useful exercise.

 

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...