A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, 1466 said:

Or try to convert her to EM gauge ?

Only the brave!

I am just going to let mine chuff up and down while blowing the whistle and pulling loads of coaches in a wholly non-branch line fashion - I am really hoping the sound system is as good as the rest of it.

Andy

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Andy Keane said:

Only the brave!

I am just going to let mine chuff up and down while blowing the whistle and pulling loads of coaches in a wholly non-branch line fashion - I am really hoping the sound system is as good as the rest of it.

Andy

video soon of the twin speakered, stay-alive backed, awesome sound system :)

• Like 4
  • Round of applause 3

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, McC said:

video soon of the twin speakered, stay-alive backed, awesome sound system :)

Is that by Pete Tong... ;)

• Funny 2

56 minutes ago, Andy Keane said:

Only the brave!

Andy

I have preordered 2 . One in late BR livery will be displayed . The other in GWR shirt button is for use .

How to explain the purchase of 2 to Mrs.L ? She used to be a teacher and when questioning why pupil A hit B , A replied “My hand slipped “. “ But B says you hit him twice .” “ My hand slipped twice “.

• Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, gwrrob said:

Someone once said that greed was good.

God was good!  Didn't he mention something about avarice and coveting your neighbours trains?   Nothing wrong with good old fashioned greed though!

Brian.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

With quite a few followers of Southern persuasion here, I thought a heads up on the Rapido 5 & 7 plank wagons currently in production might be of interest. Although not cheap, I do have a SR brown , small lettering, version on order.

271735639_326230649486631_584255843255088521_n.jpg.d397f77bde731a21f6be44ef90166b62.jpg

Nice wagon.

• Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

Although not cheap, I do have a SR brown , small lettering, version on order.

Yes, me too (but with the large lettering).  But only because my kit-built one suffered near-terminal damage and I CBA to rebuild it or make another one!  Looking forward to appraising its quality.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, gwrrob said:

With quite a few followers of Southern persuasion here, I thought a heads up on the Rapido 5 & 7 plank wagons currently in production might be of interest. Although not cheap, I do have a SR brown , small lettering, version on order.

Thanks to @rapidoandy here's the small lettered version. Nice to see a manufacturer actually shewing the customer what they're getting for their folding.

95FC470F-FD81-488F-B935-19E2DA1E99C4.jpeg.a86d1c47c59705ff4333fcd3fd74d507.jpeg.8508ac5c9b47d72a8d62ce27b4b4cf90.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Agree 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
On 13/01/2022 at 07:52, NHY 581 said:

Agree about the earlier mentioned state of the art (stand by) Pannier but a high spec 44xx/45xx/4575 Small Prairie would be just splendid

Prairies are all very well, but just think for a moment, just imagine what Accurascale could do with a 57XX and 8750. Just imagine how lovely a thing that would be!

• Like 5
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold

From the bargain hunters thread which may be of interest in these parts, GWR version of Bachmann’s Ransom & Rapier crane for £150.  I’ve never seen them that cheap before, still had 4 left late last night after I bought one….  

https://kgrmodels.com/product/38-801-Bachmann-oo-ransomes-rapier-45t-steam-breakdown-crane-gwr-grey/

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1