A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Lovely Robin.

Is 3864 hauling the Bachmann Cattle vans as described further up?

Yes and a Hall will be on a milk and parcels shortly. ;) Followed by a Castle on an express......

The coach is an E147 as discussed here http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/49589-gwr-b-set-diagram-e147/

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/gallery/image/35175-e147/

Edited by gwrrob
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Sadly, I don't have Brent... But in 1947 a single Newton Abbot to Paddington was ..... 56/- that is £2.80 (I think!!) ... According to Google 56/- would equal £391 in today's money..... FGW charge £121 

Sorry slightly off topic, I've been scanning the 1947 Timetable!

Btw - Can we just check the timing for that branch-line working, I assume the 4:15pm ex-Kingsbridge is running late.... it was due at Brent at 4:50pm, yet I see it was caught / edited at 5:27pm - Just checking !! :-)

post-6981-0-99927400-1365024135_thumb.jpg

Edited by Neal Ball
  • Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Sadly, I don't have Brent... But in 1947 a single Newton Abbot to Paddington was ..... 56/- that is £2.80 (I think!!) ... According to Google 56/- would equal £391 in today's money..... FGW charge £121 

Sorry slightly off topic, I've been scanning the 1947 Timetable!

Btw - Can we just check the timing for that branch-line working, I assume the 4:15pm ex-Kingsbridge is running late.... it was due at Brent at 4:50pm, yet I see it was caught / edited at 5:27pm - Just checking !! :-)

attachicon.gif1947 Brent Timetable.jpg

Fantastic Neal and thanks.I can't guarantee to stick to the times as believe it or not I actually have to go to work too. :no:

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Augustus will not be pleased; that coach has got lavs!

'Through coaches' - them were the days my luvvers (Devon term for people to whom one was talking).

So Rob, when do we get the 4p.m. off 83D up Mail from down west then?

Quack

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Augustus will not be pleased; that coach has got lavs!

'Through coaches' - them were the days my luvvers (Devon term for people to whom one was talking).

So Rob, when do we get the 4p.m. off 83D up Mail from down west then?

Quack

Definitely not as I don't own any.

Hi Rob. I like that patch of bare earth where the platform ends in the last photo. Any tips on how you did that?

I used this product http://www.treemendusmodels.co.uk/productguidegroundworkmaterials.html Again not cheap but very good.The seller is on here and did the scenics on Over Peover too.Just use pva and sprinkle through a sieve.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Anyway a little less conversation and little more action...........

To quote Elvis :jester:  (After all he was the 'King')

Sorry Robin.  Couldn't resist :D

Lovely shots once more as well.

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Some of you might remember the prototype thread Andy Y started a few months back.I posted this photo of a scene I wanted to recreate with my Hornby Castle.So heres the Ben Brooksbank photo with 4081 albeit a bit later than my period as 5011 'Tintagel Castle' comes by on an up express to Newton Abbot.

post-126-0-83444900-1365244596_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-63154400-1365244667_thumb.jpg

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

Here's a close up of another 'resident' sat on the bench on the up platform.This is where you lot come in.For amusement, can anyone come up with a suitable name for him.A Dickensian name might be appropriate as used by Mikkel on his Farthing blogs. Anyway here he is chatting to the porter our good friend Mike Roper.The sun is shining today and he will be getting a sweat on carrying those cases.The down milk and parcels has just rattled through hauled by the Hall...

post-126-0-39086300-1365258564_thumb.jpg

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

.....talking of the Hall.Here's Hall class 4948 'Northwick Hall' on my down milk and parcels comprising of rolling stock using Dapol products, all weathered and renumbered.A glorious sunny day in South Devon.

Tomorrow could be double header day. ;) So what do you fancy ?

post-126-0-84330400-1365258982_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-13545800-1365259004_thumb.jpg

Edited by gwrrob
  • Like 18

• RMweb Gold

I suggest Gilbert Barnatt for the bloke's name; he will enjoy that!

I don't think so as being an Eastern man it wouldn't meet with his approval. ;)

• Like 1