A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

Background thinking:

"Looks like the annual Disney Fantasy Sand Castle build is cancelled this year as Goodrington Sands have turned into a pile of shelving dry cr*p after the winter storms. Cue more family arguments"

Edited by cary hill

• RMweb Premium

For those who fancy a drop of gin look at the top right  item on the first page of this menu - alas I was driving so couldn't have one  (half of Addlestone's cider was however suitable compensation)

http://www.plowdenarmsshiplake.co.uk/special_menus/pa%20a3%20menu%202014_fin%20web.pdf

All of those main courses cost more than my weekly shopping .    :O

• RMweb Premium

When the line closed in '64 myself and few others went on a 'cross country run' from DHS Boys, through here and the other tunnels and out over the viaduct towards St Beaudeaux. However we then turned off near Ford I think it was and went over to Devonport High School for Girls and (oh, how daring.....) ran through that school's grounds hoping to see some inhabitants. Sadly there were no young ladies doing games on the school field that afternoon.  Spiffing eh what?

P

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

attachicon.gifSpotter.jpg

Rob's spotting companion shows him how to press the shutter firmly.

attachicon.gifBristol.jpg

...and yes, this is what they were waiting for at Bristol.

Quaxck

What a trim little craft.

Would have enjoyed this post a lot more had my glasses not continually steamed up......

post-14122-0-06501900-1406396250.jpeg

• RMweb Premium

'What a trim little craft'. 

Totally overexposed that picture, in my opinion.

Here's another trim little craft:

post-2326-0-98069300-1406401235.jpg

and a fine trio:

post-2326-0-95587400-1406401370.jpg

and some piles of s***e:

post-2326-0-85075400-1406401651.jpg

Just found this picture of the Finchings entertaining the gang at Tigley Junction Wheeltappers' and Shunters' Club

post-2326-0-39198500-1406401804.jpg

This was early in the evening before they had got onto the second bottle of gin. I can't post the picture of their turn in the second half of the evening, however there is a sketch (used to describe the incident) left over from the court case 

post-2326-0-58294800-1406402062.jpg

They were quite liveley those girls.

Quax

• Like 4