A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

You lost me when the rhinos turned up - I've not understood a thing since, especially why you have a model of Truro signal box on the platform...

If it's the box being on the platform you have an issue with Stu, is this better?

post-6675-0-04146500-1408486022_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

I believe it's time for a good old democratic RMWeb Poll:

The question is simple:

Do you think Brent should have a lovely new signal box constructed using beautiful wooden planking and painted to the highest standard in glorious GWR colours like this:

post-9751-0-13461500-1408485742_thumb.jpg

or are you completely insane and think Brent should have an ugly ageing monstrosity of a signal box, riddled with efflorescent brickwork, and with deteriorating paintwork in entirely inappropriate nondescript colours, like this:

post-9751-0-12823400-1408488426.jpg

This a public vote and members of the ANTB Signal Box Defence League will be able to see who has not voted correctly.

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

I believe it's time for a good old democratic RMWeb Poll:The question is simple:Do you think Brent should have a lovely new signal box constructed using beautiful wooden planking and painted to the highest standard in glorious GWR colours like this:attachicon.gifbrent signal box.jpgor are you completely insane and think Brent should have an ugly ageing monstrosity of a signal box, riddled with efflorescent brickwork, and with deteriorating paintwork in entirely inappropriate nondescript colours, like this:attachicon.gifst blazey sb.jpgThis a public vote and members of the ANTB Signal Box Defence League will be able to see who has not voted correctly.

Better?

post-6675-0-92050800-1408490715.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Well as a 'local' living only a few miles from Brent, my money is on the second photo! Just block the top of the window up with some bricks and its near enough! :biggrin_mini2:

Kind regards,

Nick.

Ah! Caught up but I can't see Nick's monkey in the second photo.......

Rob

I'm lost and confused.......

Rub

Brent Signal Box has been deposed in a palace platform coup by a powerful Cornish Signal Box called St. Blazey. The whereabouts of Brent Signal Box are unknown at present as communications with it appear to have been cut.

Ah I see you've caught up.....

Taking less Port in the evening might cure the monkey problem.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Well as a 'local' living only a few miles from Brent, my money is on the second photo! Just block the top of the window up with some bricks and its near enough! :biggrin_mini2:

Kind regards,

Nick.

The real thing was of all wooden construction pre-war, and clearly re-constructed with a brick base, after the war. The reasons for this aren't clear, but it is possible that the original wooden base was in poor condition.

• RMweb Gold

I'm going to be controversial  here Robin and say it's your layout and you should choose whichever you prefer. They are both convincing as West Country 'boxes and it then comes down to whether you are going for an actual replica of Brent or not. 

Is that a sneak preview of the Bachmann/Kernow limited edition? Looking nice. I've just ordered one for Southampton DNSR.

• Like 2

[song] you ain't seen nothin yet... [/song]

The next line of the song is - "Here's something that you're never gonna forget"

The feeling of pure horror as the first Spam Can is seen on ANTB?

Edited by cary hill

• RMweb Premium

The next line of the song is - "Here's something that you're never gonna forget"

The feeling of pure horror as the first Spam Can is seen on ANTB?

I'm sure that Rob has suitable defences in hand to guard against incursions.
  • Like 1