A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Anything's more interesting than tge poco!

Well, that's easy for you to say. I quite lick tge poco.

Rin.

post-14122-0-96703200-1453579407.jpg

Edited by nhy581
  • Like 1

Around 3 dozen of those Fairburns worked around the BR Southern until replaced by Standards; any excuse........................................

P

Probably the reason that I'm not fond of anything that resembles a BR Standard loco. They took away our O2s, M7s, then they came for our lovely T9s and replaced them with some classes that I never even knew. Then they took away the railway!

Brian.

• RMweb Gold

Could I make a request?

I'd rather like to see some centenarys please, don't mind what's in front of it (the coaches are far more interesting than tge poco!)

post-126-0-11885900-1453579280_thumb.jpeg

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

http://www.oxfordrail.com/76/OR76DG.htm

Hopefully Oxford have learned from their first project and it will have less reliability and build quality issues than the Adams Radial.

This might come back to bite my bum but I don't need one as they weren't seen any further west than Taunton according to the Wild Swan book by John Copsey.I had a Mainline version once upon a time.

• RMweb Gold

This might come back to bite my bum but I don't need one as they weren't seen any further west than Taunton according to the Wild Swan book by John Copsey.I had a Mainline version once upon a time.

But if the model turns out to be a cracker you might yet be tempted. Such is the stuff of RTR modelling in the Chinese era. Some are tough to resist.

• RMweb Gold

I wondered if you or Spams might be the first to answer. It's a slight cheat / miss leading as the lighting for the picture has darkened the green somewhat (well a lot in fact) so in fact she will be 21C149

I wondered if you or Spams might be the first to answer. It's a slight cheat / miss leading as the lighting for the picture has darkened the green somewhat (well a lot in fact) so in fact she will be 21C149

Much prefer a '21C' to a '34', they look so much better in the SR livery with the big roundel on the smokebox door. Conversely (and contradicting my preference) I am renaming a number of BR liveried 'Exeter's for myself.

• RMweb Gold

Not this one then Graham.

post-126-0-53816400-1453638392_thumb.jpeg

• Like 4