A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

This time last year I was at the Derby Show. This time this year I'm not, however I am reminded of the splendid latest GWR lamps from Modelu (he is there if you hurry).

Station Shot is great Rob. More of infrastructure please.

The pick up freight is a great idea, however being an ar$e I would prefer a large Prairie (sorry your Hillness).

Argyle 10/3 for the Play Offs..............stupid t**s could have had auto promo if they had been any good. Another season in the wilderness looms sadly.

Phil

Look on the bright side, Phil. At least it gives Rob the opportunity to do a football special carrying the Green Army to Wembley. :locomotive:

Look on the bright side, Phil. At least it gives Rob the opportunity to do a football special carrying the Green Army to Wembley. :locomotive:

We dont need one for the Pirates, but can we have one next week for FGR?

TONY

As luck would have it Hornby's fire sale and events in the sporting world have coincided, so I have acquired a Hornby B17 Footballer and King for only £175 instead of near to £300.

Whilst waiting for some  "Leicester City" and "King Richard III" nameplates to arrive, I thought I'd try to fit the headboard, which was kindly provided by LCFC yesterday,  to the Footballer:

post-9751-0-45279900-1462734558.jpg

Alas I think it must be meant for O Gauge......

No more hijacks .....

Edited by cary hill
  • Like 2

The 'quiet period' at Brent was just right for s Sunday morning (over here anyway). You can savour the atmosphere; fire in the grate, teapot keeping warm and the clang of the bell from the signal box. Soon the signalled train will thunder through Brent non stop and the quiet period will return for a while.

Brian.

• Like 4

I take it the Pirates = BRFC? You left it late, didn't you? Got any fingernails left? :D

Yes I can still pick up fiddly modelling bits.

I work on the basis that if you expect the worst, you are rarely disappointed. 

I was quite elated to hear of the "winner" followed by an agonising wait for Acrrington's game to finish.

But I was driving at the time so nails are intact.

My six year old grandaughter has this season become an ardent Forest Green Rovers fan, which means we have a trip to Wembley

next Sunday. O for their being able to run a  "football special" up the Nailsworth branch for us.

Incidently I see Crystal Palace are running a steam hauled footex to Southampton on Saturday!

TONY

The Castle has come from Exeter and has the Kingsbridge coach on it ready to detach. This will be picked up by the prairie but not today.

attachicon.gifDSCN8186.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN8187.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN8188.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN8189.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN8190.jpg

Now I definitely remember Paddington; he was the Bear that likes marmalade, but who is Kingsbridge?, the Jaguar who likes jam perhaps? ... and did he have a brother called Kingsmill?! ...

I'll get my coat

Now I definitely remember Paddington; he was the Bear that likes marmalade, but who is Kingsbridge?, the Jaguar who likes jam perhaps? ... and did he have a brother called Kingsmill?! ...

I'll get my coat

Wife phoning husband - "Are you going to be long?"

Husband - "Just pulling out of Paddington."

Wife - "I bet that made him drop his Sandwich!"

• Like 1

I want to know the source for the writing on the ends.Is there a drawing perhaps.

Presumably Richard Webster has researched it and given his specification to the factory.

Might be worth contacting him.

• RMweb Premium

I want to know the source for the writing on the ends.Is there a drawing perhaps.

It may be something that was on all of them but:

1.  Carriage washes were "sides only" so ends got grotty quickly.

2.  People photographed engines and not coach ends in the days when photos were sparingly taken compared to todays digital age.  Lots of detail we have today comes form things in the background of engine photos.  Like the huge churn stack photo on the previous page.

Of slight concern is Lionheart's facebook site referring to the images as 'B' set coaches. They are not.

Illustrated is a D109 Brake third which were part of a 4 coach set (B 3rd Compo, Compo B 3rd). The equivalent 'B' set E140 does not have the tell tale end windows seen in the images.

Mike Wiltshire

Of slight concern is Lionheart's facebook site referring to the images as 'B' set coaches. They are not.

Illustrated is a D109 Brake third which were part of a 4 coach set (B 3rd Compo, Compo B 3rd). The equivalent 'B' set E140 does not have the tell tale end windows seen in the images.

Mike Wiltshire

Lionheart are actually producing two and four coach sets. The four coach sets will be as you've stated above, while the two coach sets will be a pair of E140  coaches.

Full details here: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/57823-lion-heart-trains-rtr-in-o-gauge/?p=2018040

We've discussed this before.  In the Birmingham division the description 'B set' eas applied to 4 coach suburban sets.  What the rest of the civilised world knows as a B set was a D set in Brum.

Chris

• RMweb Premium

Ah, no wonder you had a rest from here. You must have been doing loads of overtime....................... :mail:

Philth.

Been saving and selling the kids off... Thankfully it's just a 2 coach set.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Been saving and selling the kids off... Thankfully it's just a 2 coach set.

Would you let me run Kingsbridge branch number 2 on Pencarrow....

• Like 1