A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

Very impressed with the new Modelu GWR loco lamps.I like the fineness of the handle and they slot over the lamp irons on the new rtr offerings.Painted white and the lens added will be done later.A quid each.

attachicon.gifDSCN9560.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN9561.jpg

Blimey only a quidditch that's a very sporting price !

H.P.Otter

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Judging by the size of those rivets I'm sure the "rivet counters" will have something to whine about.  :mosking:

I suspect you're right but at least they are nice and big so they can count them easily. They actually spell "sod off and get a life" in braille just in case :O)

P. Icky

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Very impressed with the new Modelu GWR loco lamps.I like the fineness of the handle and they slot over the lamp irons on the new rtr offerings.Painted white and the lens added will be done later.A quid each.

attachicon.gifDSCN9560.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN9561.jpg

Those lamps look great. I've been thinking about getting some and now I've seen your photos my mind is made up.

Thanks.

Just going back to Warflats and loads again... I happen to do a lot of Military modelling and like Colin has brought up Milicast, I build a lot of their resin kits. 

I've only ever seen Sherman's on Warwells. However I do have an interesting photo of A34 Comet's on an out of gauge load... 

gallery_14359_3486_111132.png

Jaymes

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Just going back to Warflats and loads again... I happen to do a lot of Military modelling and like Colin has brought up Milicast, I build a lot of their resin kits.

I've only ever seen Sherman's on Warwells. However I do have an interesting photo of A34 Comet's on an out of gauge load...

Jaymes

Very interesting, I've never seen photos of tanks on the Calne branch before Edited by The Fatadder

• RMweb Gold

Thank you for that Jaymes. It's easy to forget that the fact that something is out of gauge doesn't mean it would not run, just that it would need special treatment.

Who by Colin Ron & Ron ?.  :wild:  :wild:

H. Alean-D'pace

Edited by 81C

• RMweb Gold

Always going to be easier said than done but as 2016 has had nothing major to purchase loco wise its a good opportunity and I totally agree Ian.

When I wrote this I as really talking bo****ks....

• RMweb Premium

Very interesting, I've never seen photos of tanks on the Calne branch before

Comets going to Luggershall - that's a longway round by rail, but at the speed of a Comet it's a long drive too.

No idea why tanks would have been in Calne - the area was very "RAF" from WW2 onwards - Yatesbury, Lyneham, Compton Bassett etc.  Certainly no gunnery ranges or tank driving schools there.  And  the camps at the Ogbournes would have been serviced by traffic S of Swindon on the Marlborough line.

I collected a Comet out of the ranges at Tain in Glenmorangie country on my last ever tank lift in the Army in 2006.    Took my Workshops boss because he had been an apprentice fitter when the Royal School of Spanners had shed fulls of these for little erberts to take apart.   He got it all freed off and rolling in a couple of hours.  Old school MechEng to the rescue.

Shame it's dying out in favour of web designing............

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Off topic / rant mode on...

Following the mention of Milicast, I perused their website and purchased a set of figures, to assess the general quality as I will need more army-types loafing around Treamble.

I was a bit staggered to see a £5.50 charge for p&p, but paid it anyway for 1st class Royal Mail.

That was Monday. Within the hour I had an email stating my order had been processed. It's now Friday and no sign of the package as yet.

Considering Kernow can have a parcel delivered to Scotland within 24hrs, there is no excuse.

/rant mode off.

Stu just for the figures? Give Tom (the owner) a call and explain. That and I'm sure he'll help you out. His customer service is normally fantastic. The speed of your parcel could be down to Royal Snail Mail though..

Jaymes

Edited by Newfish

• RMweb Gold

who's producing them I don't think it's DJM they can't get models completed and on the shelf that quick and they don't supply europe or the USA.

Edited by 81C

Comets going to Luggershall - that's a longway round by rail, but at the speed of a Comet it's a long drive too.

No idea why tanks would have been in Calne - the area was very "RAF" from WW2 onwards - Yatesbury, Lyneham, Compton Bassett etc.  Certainly no gunnery ranges or tank driving schools there.  And  the camps at the Ogbournes would have been serviced by traffic S of Swindon on the Marlborough line.

I collected a Comet out of the ranges at Tain in Glenmorangie country on my last ever tank lift in the Army in 2006.    Took my Workshops boss because he had been an apprentice fitter when the Royal School of Spanners had shed fulls of these for little erberts to take apart.   He got it all freed off and rolling in a couple of hours.  Old school MechEng to the rescue.

Shame it's dying out in favour of web designing............

I think the long way round was due to the loading gauge issue? The Comet's were on the way to Ludgershall, i know there is unloading and loading facilities for amoured vehicles. I wonder what's happened to the Comet you pulled out? I have to agree with the web designing comment.. 

Jaymes