A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

Having been to Exeter on Saturday, there appears to be an extensive amount of cutting back going on from near Totnes and heading West towards Wrangaton.

Ah ha. Steam to return to the area on scheduled services when Dawlish is having a wash! Good thinking  NR.

Philth

• RMweb Gold

Having been to Exeter on Saturday, there appears to be an extensive amount of cutting back going on from near Totnes and heading West towards Wrangaton.

Correct. There are some especially promising views between Tigley and Wrangaton, if you know the back lanes.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Correct. There are some especially promising views between Tigley and Wrangaton, if you know the back lanes.

More photo opportunities for Kernow Backscene Enterprises then......

I've given up waiting now and bought a second hand BR release off eBay. It will now be stripped down, have the smokebox plate removed and then end up in wartime black (with no names) as 4025.

Hopefully should be painted over the weekend.....

Did they ever carry wartime black? I thought they were still classed as an Express Passenger loco and, as such, went into unlined green for the duration? I've got an unlined green star project on the stocks but I've done nothing to it since this post last January. Tut, tut!

Cheers, 

CoY

• RMweb Gold

Did they ever carry wartime black? I thought they were still classed as an Express Passenger loco and, as such, went into unlined green for the duration? I've got an unlined green star project on the stocks but I've done nothing to it since this post last January. Tut, tut!

Cheers,

CoY

Definitely listed in the GWRJ ( issue7) article on wartime black, only the Kings and castles are listed as unlined green.

4025 amongst others are listed in black ( in 25s case definitely not reviving a new coat of green until 48)

• RMweb Gold

Reports of LNER D49/2 359 'The Fitzwilliam' returning 7804 back to Leeds Neville Hill are confirmed following attention at Doncaster works where Mr. Sidebottom, understudy to Mr. A.H Peppercorn took it upon his self to look at drafting arrangements on the 78xx. In doing so a new chimney was fitted along with repairs to the valve gear and cylinders. 

7804's return south is planned in the next few days and NA should have her back on duties over the South Devon banks once more.

Edited by 46444

• RMweb Gold

7804's return south is planned in the next few days and NA should have her back on duties over the South Devon banks once more.

Looking forward to comparing her to 7802. ;)

post-126-0-46971100-1490283737_thumb.jpg

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

post-14122-0-58039900-1490286767.jpeg

• RMweb Gold

Looking forward to comparing her to 7802. ;)

attachicon.gif7802.jpg

If a Grange rarely offends a Manor such as this can never offend!

That is a brilliant shot of a stunning model.......when you right click on the image the depth of field is amazing.

Made my day....Thank you Robin

Is it remotely possible that Bachmann (or anyone else) will ever get around to making some more?

• RMweb Gold

If a Grange rarely offends a Manor such as this can never offend!

That is a brilliant shot of a stunning model.......when you right click on the image the depth of field is amazing.

Made my day....Thank you Robin

Is it remotely possible that Bachmann (or anyone else) will ever get around to making some more?

Thanks John.All we can do is keep voting for one in the poll, perhaps Hatton's can do it after abandoning their King.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Picture of a poncy looking git

Pah  :punish:

Don't take the mick out of the Welsh boyo

If the hat fits and all that.  :laugh:

Edited by 81C

Here's a small prairie which may offend the wallet

http://kingscalelivesteam.co.uk/GWR45XXgauge5.php

Hi Colin,

It may seem steep but the TIG Welded certified copper boiler will set you back £3K+ with an up to 12 Month waiting list!

It looks like Martin Evans 1962 Firefly design which in 5" gauge is just over 1.75" wider than scale over the cylinders and side tanks which makes it look squat and stumpy, along with a load of other anomalies which they seemed to happy overlook back then.

Regards

Simon

• RMweb Gold

Hi Colin,

It may seem steep but the TIG Welded certified copper boiler will set you back £3K+ with an up to 12 Month waiting list!

It looks like Martin Evans 1962 Firefly design which in 5" gauge is just over 1.75" wider than scale over the cylinders and side tanks which makes it look squat and stumpy, along with a load of other anomalies which they seemed to happy overlook back then.

Regards

Simon

I meant no offence. We have a saying on here that a small prairie rarely offends, and my comment was a play on that. I have no idea on the value for money of such an item as the concept of spending money like that on a hobby is way beyond my means. Those who could afford it are the ones who need to decide whether it's good value or not.

• Like 1