A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

Me too, but there are worse songs than that.

At the moment I’m at the opposite end of the spectrum: Stevie Ray Vaughan playing Texas Flood in my favourite watering hole (wish it was him rather than a record) - sublime....

• RMweb Gold

This morning I am singing in the rain.

You lucky soul. I am sitting in the house trying to keep cool while the sky above is humid,sulphurous and heavy with thunderclouds that obstinately refuse to deposit their precious liquid content.Even the pigeons are gasping.I am it seems wedded to a garden hose....er well,the hose is my 'bit on the side'....as it were and mutely pliant.....it gets knotted but doesn't answer back.Some rain fell locally last night but the ground heat soon evaporated it.

• RMweb Gold

Are you sure that beam at the end of the sea can't be moved?

Not really. You don't see it from my usual photo angle but it does look offensive this way.

Are you sure that beam at the end of the sea can't be moved?

Its the new Railtrack flood defence scheme for Brent ! Saves building a new line in land....apparently !

Fake News

You lucky soul. I am sitting in the house trying to keep cool while the sky above is humid,sulphurous and heavy with thunderclouds that obstinately refuse to deposit their precious liquid content.Even the pigeons are gasping.I am it seems wedded to a garden hose....er well,the hose is my 'bit on the side'....as it were and mutely pliant.....it gets knotted but doesn't answer back.Some rain fell locally last night but the ground heat soon evaporated it.

Sorry you Guys, it’s all our fault. Today we posted numbers in the great butterfly count, they’ve all snuffed it in the resultant thunderstorm, then got ready to watch the best, clearest Lunar Eclipse this century tonight.———- Some chance!

Rich.

Not really. You don't see it from my usual photo angle but it does look offensive this way.

Can it be reconfigured into a smaller size, say the top level with the sea, first thought would be an 'L' shaped angle.

Any pictures of the area in question, above and below?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Sorry this is a bit late to the beach party, but my initial thoughts were to add layers of thick varnish, each of which didn't reach the beach-side edge of the previous layer, then paint the edge of each layer with white to represent breaking waves.

Possibly.

• RMweb Gold

Sorry this is a bit late to the beach party, but my initial thoughts were to add layers of thick varnish, each of which didn't reach the beach-side edge of the previous layer, then paint the edge of each layer with white to represent breaking waves.

Possibly.

Been there previously Stu but it never satisfied me, perhaps my modelling isn't good enough.

Can it be reconfigured into a smaller size, say the top level with the sea, first thought would be an 'L' shaped angle.

If I had a decent jigsaw I'd have a go at that. A lot of movement might alter the trackwork though.

• RMweb Gold

Been there previously Stu but it never satisfied me, perhaps my modelling isn't good enough.

If I had a decent jigsaw I'd have a go at that. A lot of movement might alter the trackwork though.

As Jigsaws go - Bosch or Makita are the best ;)

• RMweb Gold

A much better SR 0-4-4 courtesy of Hornby - beautiful runner too..

attachicon.gif31518_inworks.jpg

Oh and a little Fokker all rigged up..

attachicon.giffokker_08.jpg

Yo TBG as you like building a/c kits have you ever made one of these ?

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/RR7207001

Dan Dare

• RMweb Gold

Yo TBG as you like building a/c kits have you ever made one of these ?

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/RR7207001

Dan Dare

No, though I fancy doing the Lincoln conversion from to a Lancaster ;)

Edited by toboldlygo