A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

I’ve been after GWR shed allocation transfers for a while - CPL used to do them but Paul Bambrick didn’t have any in stock when I last spoke to him.

If Railtec produced some I’d be very interested.

CoY

Is this the sheet you're referring to ?

post-126-0-51513600-1548103399.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Now who was it who said a pannier never offends then. :O

post-126-0-78037700-1548168866_thumb.jpg

Photo find courtesy of that nice bloke who's having a break and models North Cornwall in 7mm. ;)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Any chance you could re-do the last two pictures as the camera has focused on the nice coaches behind leaving the loco out of focus so I can make out the detail.

Thanks

A slightly better shot shews the loco shed transfer to be Reading [RDG] and another shot shewing the fall plate I use from Precision Paints fitted. It's under the JE detailing parts on their website, JEW74. To fit the Hall I needed to trim the sides by a mm either side and a mm on the length.

post-126-0-09320900-1548171832_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-68293100-1548171849_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

attachicon.gifoffensive pannier.jpg

Photo find courtesy of that nice bloke who's having a break and models North Cornwall in 7mm. ;)

A lick of red paint and some Routemaster bus transfers that will sort it out. :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

attachicon.gifoffensive pannier.jpg

Clear evidence as to why Marzipan never caught on as a suitable material for OO gauge locos.

Rob.

• Like 1

Clear evidence as to why Marzipan never caught on as a suitable material for OO gauge locos.

Rob.

Oh! I dunno, if all else fails and you're not happy with it just eat it ! 

• RMweb Gold

Nice loco.However......time to dumb down Dumbleton .Over to James for the authentic post war grime maybe ? Does look a top dollar paint finish so a choice between beauty and authenticity.No lining too and that’s a good thing considering Bachmann’s lining on BR Halls doesn’t cut the mustard.

Excellent choice of a Reading loco with its X category..Logical because many a loco heading westbound or on a South Wales express came to grief on the way out of Paddington and had to be removed and replaced at Reading....hence the substitute had necessarily to be a good ‘un.

Have fun with her Robin.

Nice loco.However......time to dumb down Dumbleton .Over to James for the authentic post war grime maybe ? Does look a top dollar paint finish so a choice between beauty and authenticity.No lining too and that’s a good thing considering Bachmann’s lining on BR Halls doesn’t cut the mustard.

Excellent choice of a Reading loco with its X category..Logical because many a loco heading westbound or on a South Wales express came to grief on the way out of Paddington and had to be removed and replaced at Reading....hence the substitute had necessarily to be a good ‘un.

Have fun with her Robin.

• RMweb Gold

How do you know Dumbledore is coming to the Railway Works - did your informants in the MiM tell you?

Oops did I typed that out loud, I shouldn't of really typed that, no I shouldn't - oh B*!!er.... :jester:  :jester:

Edited by toboldlygo

• RMweb Gold

CK we can pop in there and have a look round as The "Royal We" should be visiting the SDR this year, must check with them to see if they are running an evening

dinning train this year I also like staying at the Sea Trout the owner is an image of Manuel :dontknow: he certainly puts a smile on any ones face.  :mosking:

CK we can pop in there and have a look round as The "Royal We" should be visiting the SDR this year, must check with them to see if they are running an evening

dinning train this year I also like staying at the Sea Trout the owner is an image of Manuel :dontknow: he certainly puts a smile on any ones face.  :mosking:

• RMweb Gold

Oh! I dunno, if all else fails and you're not happy with it just eat it !

It has been said that I have the constitution of a seagull but I draw the line at Marzipan which is the food of the Devil.

Rob