A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

But what do you mean, 'seriously expensive?'

It's just a bit of lego, isn't it?

I think you need to go on eBay and educate yourself - on how much out of production lego sets go for Captain.

It makes us train collectors look like amateurs...

Who will be first to cut them in half and make a all first and an all third? I know there were no bow ended all first non-gangway stock but how hard is it to make a new flat end for a A21?

Sounds like a recipe for two frightfully inaccurate models ...

Chris

• RMweb Gold

Pounds Sterling, I'm afraid.

So who pays that kind of money for a model spaceship?

Seriously, that's excessive by anyone's standards, surely?

It doesn't even have Synchro-smoke or Magnadesion!

For that kind of money, I'd expect it to wash my laundry and cut the grass!

A friend of mine posted pics of the build of his Lego millennium falcon on Facebook. It took him quite a while and it is very large... I assembled a Lego sopwith camel a few years ago. Took me best part of a month to do. These are not kids toys (irony alert on a Toy train forum.. (not that antb is a toy trainset!)

David

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I think I spelled 'Magnadesion' wrong. Does anyone know if that's correct or not?

And what about Synchro-smoke?

The world was so much simpler when you could just glue a couple of strips of card on the top of the tender of a Triang 3F, repaint the whole loco a shade of bright green and call it a Dean Goods.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

A friend of mine posted pics of the build of his Lego millennium falcon on Facebook. It took him quite a while and it is very large... I assembled a Lego sopwith camel a few years ago. Took me best part of a month to do. These are not kids toys (irony alert on a Toy train forum.. (not that antb is a toy trainset!)

David

That kit goes for silly money now..

Edited by toboldlygo

• RMweb Premium

Sounds like a recipe for two frightfully inaccurate models ...

Chris

Having a quick butchers at some diagrams the compartments are not standard size, a least the LNER had standard size people to fit the compartments on its trains. :nono: :nono:

Edited by Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Gold
The world was so much simpler when you could just glue a couple of strips of card on the top of the tender of a Triang 3F, repaint the whole loco a shade of bright green and call it a Dean Goods.

So YOU are the designer of the Oxford Rail example!

Edited by ian

No you had to swop the tender for a Lord of the Isles one!

Mike Wiltshire

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I am feeling very naughty this morning and so.......listen with sound muted and read the lips of the back row supporters :nono:  :scared:  :angel:  :triniti: 

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/politics/moment-tory-mps-appear-to-mock-michael-fabricant-behind-his-back-for-wearing-a-wig-during-pmqs/ar-BBSEkvR?ocid=spa

This is just to illustrate what happens behind one's back when making a fine speech about OO FS FFSIOATS.

• RMweb Premium

I am feeling very naughty this morning and so.......listen with sound muted and read the lips of the back row supporters :nono:  :scared:  :angel:  :triniti:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/politics/moment-tory-mps-appear-to-mock-michael-fabricant-behind-his-back-for-wearing-a-wig-during-pmqs/ar-BBSEkvR?ocid=spa

This is just to illustrate what happens behind one's back when making a fine speech about OO FS FFSIOATS.

Do you think I should get a wig like that?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

So who pays that kind of money for a model spaceship?

Seriously, that's excessive by anyone's standards, surely?

It doesn't even have Synchro-smoke or Magnadesion!

For that kind of money, I'd expect it to wash my laundry and cut the grass!

Nerds.  :mosking:

• RMweb Premium

He was in my local Waitrose the other day. I made my excuses and left.

Do you think I should get a wig like that?

You would need to go to the Wigmore Hall.

• Like 2