A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium
Just now, Bishop of Welchester said:

I say, that's a little harsh. It is a super place (if you want to see what it would be like after the Apocalypse  and Zombie invasion post March29th :pleasantry:

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Mikkel said:

Good to see this, I've been eyeing that kit for some time. Nice work. How are you finding the kit?

I assume it's this one and has a footprint of 282mm by 47mm.

http://www.timbertracks.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=18_2&product_id=280

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, Bishop of Welchester said:

It might improve with the new strip club they are protesting about.

Yeah I watch the local news on the telly, they need something to fill the air time.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

Better be ####### finished before I travel down (11th March) to witness the mighty Greens, 12 March and then return 13th March.  If they bustitute for any reason I shall be very angry indeed.

Ar$£

Beware, there are also engineering works (continuous 3 week blockade) coming up between Exeter and Taunton, to do work in Whiteball Tunnel, but I think that will be over before 11th March.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Beware, there are also engineering works (continuous 3 week blockade) coming up between Exeter and Taunton, to do work in Whiteball Tunnel, but I think that will be over before 11th March.

That should only delay me on the return if it is still going as I am coming down to Execeter on the Premier Main Line on the Monday. SJ here we come.

I attach a pic of the train wot I am expecting to be on on the 11th873577984_17017522432_8902fb059b_h-Copy.jpg.22f247a5356b83773648000e19a69ba3.jpg

P

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

It might improve with the new strip club they are protesting about.

Yeah I watch the local news on the telly, they need something to fill the air time.

You silly buqqer.

Now I've got a horrible image in my head of the Jolly Fisherman with his kit off.

Thanks for nothing.

• Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

I say, that's a little harsh. It is a super place (if you want to see what it would be like after the Apocalypse  and Zombie invasion post March29th :pleasantry:

A friend of mine was vicar there some years ago. He now lives in Folkingham, which the locals pronounce obscenely.

• Funny 2

52 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

That should only delay me on the return if it is still going as I am coming down to Execeter on the Premier Main Line on the Monday. SJ here we come.

I attach a pic of the train wot I am expecting to be on on the 11th873577984_17017522432_8902fb059b_h-Copy.jpg.22f247a5356b83773648000e19a69ba3.jpg

P

Lovely!  A real train on a real railway with real signals.  Really!

Brian.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mikkel said:

Good to see this, I've been eyeing that kit for some time. Nice work. How are you finding the kit?

Taking it at steady construction pace I'm finding it goes together really easily thanks to the excellent well illustrated instructions. I've still got some fiddly bits to do including the chimneys and the multiple strips (64 x 1mm !) which hold the canopy roofing material down but I'm sure I can get there with time and patience.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Bishop of Welchester said:

A friend of mine was vicar there some years ago. He now lives in Folkingham, which the locals pronounce obscenely.

My younger daughter, when she was about two, once called out very loudly that she knew where the Queen lived.

At least it rhymed with Buckingham...

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, cary hill said:

Taking it at steady construction pace I'm finding it goes together really easily thanks to the excellent well illustrated instructions. I've still got some fiddly bits to do including the chimneys and the multiple strips (64 x 1mm !) which hold the canopy roofing material down but I'm sure I can get there with time and patience.

Yes, it's a great kit - well thought out by Brian Lewis and satisfyingly complex to put together.  It fitted my island platform perfectly and was a perfect match for the Timber Tracks 'Tetbury' station building on the other side of the tracks.  I found the key stage was painting of the brickwork, mortar colour first then brick colour added by gentle dry brushing, layer on layer until it looked right.  All helpfully described by Karl Crowther in RM April 2015, and elsewhere.  Enjoy.

John C.

• Informative/Useful 4
  • Friendly/supportive 2

It may be worth noting that Brian is intending to retire and therefore his range may well be in short supply at some future point.

I did have a chat with him at Bristol last year and he confirmed he wanted to retire, so probably worth a telephone call to him regarding his stock levels.

G

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

On 11/02/2019 at 19:17, toboldlygo said:

Oh and to keep the tank lovers happy, the first of the upgrades arrived for the Challenger 2...

IMG_6690.jpg.8644faab1e36b4056f699154a76fa813.jpg

They're not proper tracks, this is a proper track !

A quick blast on Dartmoor earlier and what a crackin' day its been for it.

I decided with a mate to get out for 3 hours whilst waiting for another viewing of my house ( its on the market ) and get the cobwebs out, much needed to be honest at the moment.

1373218658_comindownthegully.jpg.1c0b0bd9136aa4a3c1024621bfaf49b8.jpg

Glad to say back in one piece.

G

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Seen arriving by low loader at Churston, a new addition to the P & D in Devon. 4110 needs an overhaul before being released to traffic. I wonder what name will go on the smokebox to go with Goliath and Hercules.

4110.jpg.ecf5ae1e0d715d842d71ae3e5f8e5ace.jpg264227970_4110a.jpg.f7efcd1c8409cda66f4c0ce5ccd2f43b.jpg

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I knew they'd find a use for that PECO Set track. 

As for a name, how's about Kermit? 

Rob. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, bgman said:

They're not proper tracks, this is a proper track !

A quick blast on Dartmoor earlier and what a crackin' day its been for it.

I decided with a mate to get out for 3 hours whilst waiting for another viewing of my house ( its on the market ) and get the cobwebs out, much needed to be honest at the moment.

1373218658_comindownthegully.jpg.1c0b0bd9136aa4a3c1024621bfaf49b8.jpg

Glad to say back in one piece.

G

Classic ride by the look of it matey.

ATB

P

1 hour ago, gwrrob said:

Seen arriving by low loader at Churston, a new addition to the P & D in Devon. 4110 needs an overhaul before being released to traffic. I wonder what name will go on the smokebox to go with Goliath and Hercules.

Hopefully none but I am sure I will be disappointed!

• Agree 5
  • Friendly/supportive 2

1 hour ago, Mallard60022 said:

ATB

P

They're ALL classic rides if I can get round without falling off or breaking ewt !

I finished off on the Nutcracker run near Lustleigh Cleave ( not for the faint hearted ! ) and it certainly ain't called that for nuffin !!! Its a real blast if anyone enjoys mountain biking.

Well, if I can't do any modelling for a while with the house viewing coming thick and fast at the moment I need to do summat else I enjoy :biggrin_mini2:

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

2 hours ago, gwrrob said:

4110.jpg.ecf5ae1e0d715d842d71ae3e5f8e5ace.jpg264227970_4110a.jpg.f7efcd1c8409cda66f4c0ce5ccd2f43b.jpg

If they persist in using the mythological/biblical names of the old Broad Gauge "Hercules" Class it will be either "Sam(p)son or "Tityos" as they're the only ones left to use.,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Edited by cary hill
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

ATB

P

I thought that riding one's pedal cycle up or down steps on a public footpath was Prohibited by the County Surveyor, together with drinking coffee off the bonnet of your Locomotive Engine.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1