A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, gwrrob said:

Coming into shops earlier than expected, a couple of suburban's will be shewn on here next week. Hatton's have these images up on their website.

Are these new Hornby productions?

I'd have thought that they would have flush glazing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, gwrrob said:

Coming into shops earlier than expected, a couple of suburban's will be shewn on here next week. Hatton's have these images up on their website.

R4874_3463404_Qty1_1.jpg.b5e6983a515f4ec1012b6296ea2ae588.jpgR4874_3463404_Qty1_2.jpg.5e8a6662a4f8ffc22aa87a8b9cfaf231.jpgR4874_3463404_Qty1_3.jpg.978a29b95421321a241d1b1293f1c8f9.jpgR4874_3463404_Qty1_ruler.jpg.173798e4065132aa8801175e356bfb11.jpg

Are these pannier coaches? If so, might they offend?

P

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, Clearwater said:

It may be that these angles from Hattons don't show them, but shouldnt the ends say the division and the set number?  It's quite a distinctive feature and one you'd think Hornby would feature

David

On the ends of the brakes maybe but that above is the composite.

R4876_3463408_Qty1_1.jpg.51b4855cb8e58325baed081ed28a4f88.jpg

Edited by gwrrob
add a photo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, gwrrob said:

Copyright of Hornby.  The mods might remove this.

6637.jpg.bdd93a5ccd2fdcb64d877513e4490110.jpg

Looks a bit like North Road to me but could be anywhere (suspect some clever #### will know where Set 29 was allocated). If it is North Road I wonder if that was the summers' direct working to Paignton that used a 'big tanky' and non corridor stock (no bogs......oh dear).

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
54 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

Hattons seem to be offering a Bachmann Hall for 80 pounds. Is that of interest here?  

Yes. They have split the Shakespeare Express set and have Rood Ashton for £79. Interesting that they don't appear to have the new Hall releases in yet.

https://www.hattons.co.uk/155500/Bachmann_Branchline_30_525loco_Class_49xx_Hall_4_6_0_4965_Rood_Ashton_Hall_in_Great_Western_green_split_from_3/StockDetail.aspx

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

That number on the end is nothing to do with being a set number. Where's Chris F when we need him.

It's the tare weight in tons, as Northroader said a few hours ago. Many GW and ex-GW coaches carried this information, irrespective of whether they were formed into sets. Google "GWR coach ends" and you'll see plenty of examples.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, gwrrob said:

Yes. They have split the Shakespeare Express set and have Rood Ashton for £79. Interesting that they don't appear to have the new Hall releases in yet.

https://www.hattons.co.uk/155500/Bachmann_Branchline_30_525loco_Class_49xx_Hall_4_6_0_4965_Rood_Ashton_Hall_in_Great_Western_green_split_from_3/StockDetail.aspx

I believe it is several months since Hattons advertised any new Bachmann releases. I read elsewhere on RMweb that the two companies are in dispute. 

• Agree 4
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, gwrrob said:

Do beware that loco has a 3500gal tender I've put my tender in the parts box, it now drags a Hornby 4000gal one around.

Kernow have Dumbleton & Stanway Halls in stock.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

They have flush toilets so what you on about CK?

Ar$£

I wish to make a formal application to withdraw the implied criticism of the glazing of these vehicles, as implicit in my implied posting made previously.

Having looked at the photograph supplied by Robin in more detail, I can see that the glazing is, indeed, recessed as per the model, so it's gratifying to know that this is the case and that no other case applies in this particular instance.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

I wish to make a formal application to withdraw the implied criticism of the glazing of these vehicles, as implicit in my implied posting made previously.

Having looked at the photograph supplied by Robin in more detail, I can see that the glazing is, indeed, recessed as per the model, so it's gratifying to know that this is the case and that no other case applies in this particular instance.

Well saved CK , you've just about stopped me from putting you on the vacant naughty step with that.:jester:

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2