A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, KNP said:

It has arrived early so to save you hanging on....

1797.jpg.76ee5d596b0d006650273f82b1783da5.jpg

I am not offended in any way other than  that strange marking on the bendy boxy tanky bits. Gorgeous looking engine.

P

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Another Siphon G inside frame on the horizon from Ebay bargain at £5 and a set of American bogies sitting ready and waiting, 

there is a lot of them for under a tenner on that website.

Edited by 81C
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
31 minutes ago, 81C said:

Another Siphon G inside frame on the horizon from Ebay bargain at £5 and a set of American Fishbelly bogies sitting ready and waiting, 

there is a lot of them for under a tenner on that website.

I wonder what happened with the old Lima moulds as Hornby have never re-released it since they acquired them.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

So when Robin you go upscale,I would be more than happy to relieve you of your 45XX.I have just the one and it’s lonely and in early BR black.Besides which,with the eventual incoming of the new Colletts ,I am lacking suitable tank motive power.

Bereft of Froth City.

:blush_mini:

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, gwrrob said:

I wonder what happened with the old Lima moulds as Hornby have never re-released it since they acquired them.

Apart from the bogies the body was an excellent moulding I bought the first one for about 2 quid twenty or more years ago there is always plenty of them on Ebay they never seem to sell I bid on the one I got when it was posted for the second time I believe, then I forgot about it till I got the email asking to pay.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, The Fatadder said:

I need to get to work adding more pipework to mine now....

That looks fantastic!

He's modelling 4855 which so happens to be in Norman Lockett book I was browsing last night.:read: On a west of England mixed freight.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

He's modelling 4855 which so happens to be in Norman Lockett book I was browsing last night.:read: On a west of England mixed freight.

Oddly enough 4855 is the one that I have built, it is currently sat on the WIP shelf awaiting its new number plates to be ordered from Narrow Planet 

Which Lockett book?  I must dig out the photo!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, The Fatadder said:

Oddly enough 4855 is the one that I have built, it is currently sat on the WIP shelf awaiting its new number plates to be ordered from Narrow Planet 

Which Lockett book?  I must dig out the photo!

Lightmoor Press,  Great Western steam 1934-49.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, The Fatadder said:

Its been a while since I flicked through that book, well worth a read this evening!

It must be Lockett week!  In my library (which is really a lot of books on the shelf!) of GW books there is 'GW steam in the West Country from 1990' which I probably haven't looked ate since it was published.  However for the past few days its been my favourite bedroom reading especially for the early pictures of the thirties and forties when it really was a great railway.  Pictures of long scrapped Bulldogs, Saints and Stars in remarkably good quality pictures of the areas typically scenic backgrounds, are a joy to peruse all over again.

Brian.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
On ‎07‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 15:54, gwrrob said:

A heads up for a good all round egg and follower of this thread's Graham Muz's layout, Canute Road Quay, being featured in the April edition of Hornby Magazine.

https://hornbymagazine.keypublishing.com/the-magazine/view-issue/?issueID=7943

The Hornby Mag' AKA the railway toddler, rubbish, I don't know anyone who buys that mag or will own up to buying it. :biggrin_mini2:

Edited by 81C

• RMweb Premium
19 minutes ago, 81C said:

The Hornby Mag' AKA the railway toddler, I don't know anyone who buys that mag or will own up to buying it. :biggrin_mini2:

The Toddler is the affectionate nickname for the Railway Modeller, not Hornby mag.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Thanks 1