A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Mulgabill said:

Was that this one?

DSC_2645.JPG.d21e953b4c9a1067d4db211aeefe3291.JPG

Or this one?

DSC_2753.JPG.7679ff0f8d31bd948ac697b3a1da0471.JPGDSC_2753.JPG.7679ff0f8d31bd948ac697b3a1da0471.JPG

Pics from yesterday.

All the best

TONY

It was or this one...…..nice shots. I do like a two tone Rat and they make an unoffensive noise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Followers of @checkrail Stoke Courtenay layout would have recently seen his coal wagons that use the POWsides transfers. I have a couple of Bachmann 7 planks going spare, the old GW coal wagons, so I've made a start on doing a couple myself. First I removed the transfers from the wagon using a fibreglass pencil before spraying with a Halfords primer. I then sprayed the body in Humbrol satin black No85 and the chassis matt black No33. I shall be ordering transfers for a Bradbury and Measham wagon although I doubt the lettering would have been visible post war. Lets see how well they apply and take it from there. Purists will tell me the wagon is wrong for the liveries but I want a cheap layout wagon in a livery seen in Kingsbridge yard.

468281137_DSCN5645(2).JPG.e3dbcc01de69c4f107c0cbd78ed0e5b5.JPGbradbury.jpg.3fe5356cb2205992cfbe33b97626c5c6.jpg132233129_DSCN5644(2).JPG.4e5bea0a39dfe18768bcb60aea0fcbaf.JPGmeasham.jpg.82e804edbf6293841054aeabc1b77649.jpg

• Like 15
  • Agree 1

An interesting steamy weekend in Waraqah world. I went down to Lahndahn for an induction day on Saturday ahead of a summer teaching job, and I was at Hammersmith tube station on the way home when I saw this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8lzsBAc0GA

Followed on Sunday afternoon by Clun Castle with 6 or 7 on steaming through Acocks Green as I was heading out to do some shopping.

No pictures I'm afraid as in both cases, it was a complete surprise, and I wasn't able to get the phone camera sorted out in time. :-(

• Like 4

1 minute ago, gwrrob said:

What is it with me and 'aircraft' Castles, here we see one , 5071 Spitfire on a down stopper.

You just ‘plane’ like them

• Like 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, gwrrob said:

What is it with me and 'aircraft' Castles

Sounds like a case of building castles in the air to me.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

18 hours ago, KNP said:

You just ‘plane’ like them

11 hours ago, ian said:

Sounds like a case of building castles in the air to me.

4 hours ago, colin penfold said:

I'm tired of Castles in the air

Aerial views of castles, a lot of droning going on here.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Oldddudders said:

Ludwig Castle!

Yes, but Neuschwanstein would be more of a challenge to the nameplate manufacturer.  :rolleyes:

Incidentally, this was taken a couple of weeks ago on a day when we approached the Tegelberg (the mountain behind/south of Neuschwanstein) in glorious sunshine, climbed up through the clouds and then walked westwards above the gradually clearing clouds before starting to drop down again to this view and then across the Marienbruke.

Here's a snap from a little earlier which also shows the town of Füssen in the distance where we stayed and which was the start and finish of our walk.

neuschwanstein2.jpg

• Like 6
  • Agree 1

19 hours ago, teaky said:

Also, up in the air ...

neuschwanstein.jpg

If anyone is contemplating camping I can thoroughly recommend the campsite next the the lake in the distance. Inexpensive and quiet with excellent facilities should you need them.

G

image.jpeg.94a6ed3ca0d91544d4021bf319c32d8f.jpeg

This is was taken looking back towards said castle in the air from my tent.

Edited by bgman
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Bl**dy foreign holidays, doesn't anyone holiday in this country anymore.:read:  I also think there should be tax breaks for people who holiday in this country, especially the West Country.;)

English Tourist Board.

• Like 3
  • Agree 4
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, bgman said:

If anyone is contemplating camping I can thoroughly recommend the campsite next the the lake in the distance. Inexpensive and quiet with excellent facilities should you need them.

This is was taken looking back towards said castle in the air from my tent.

The day after walking the mountain behind Neuschwanstein we hired some bicycles and followed the well signposted 33km route around the Foggensee.  I think we passed that campsite and it did look nice.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

Bl**dy foreign holidays, doesn't anyone holiday in this country anymore.:read:  I also think there should be tax breaks for people who holiday in this country, especially the West Country.;)

English Tourist Board.

We went to north Devon last year.

• Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1