A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, gwrrob said:

A bit of cuteness on a lazy summer afternoon.

2103322125_DSCN5672(2).JPG.e4808335222626ebdc6faf6aaef97f2a.JPG712500752_DSCN5673(2).JPG.d1444d9b0504d90e2446840fef971fa6.JPG1118154176_DSCN5674(2).JPG.1b7ed64a0a6956e210d90fce3f0255ef.JPG1816069825_DSCN5675(2).JPG.581a9831790ceba1207a02d3a035951c.JPG1402119573_DSCN5676(2).JPG.0d4b59faf54810e0633ffcebe6657d15.JPGDSCN5677_(2).JPG.d89a52d3a32c40fb58d6f511dc6182fc.JPG

‘Rail worker finds escaped python’

cuteness in pannier-fulls !

Edited by Limpley Stoker

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, toboldlygo said:

Unfortunately this Star Class has been censored at the request of the the Grand Inquisitor :jester:

censoredStar.jpg

That’s five star!

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, brushman47544 said:

A platform to yourself on a Thomas (or Duck in this case) day?

Thomas, a couple of months ago. A conspicuous lack of gricers, and lots of wrinklies, crumblies and dusties, with children and grandchildren. 

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

, and lots of wrinklies, crumblies and dusties, with children and grandchildren. 

Thankfully I have a few years yet before I join that club but what's the age criteria for being a crumbly/dusty then Dudders ?:read:

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
47 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

Thankfully I have a few years yet before I join that club but what's the age criteria for being a crumbly/dusty then Dudders ?:read:

Well Dudders was there and I don't think he was one of the children or grandchildren, so draw your own conclusion.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, gwrrob said:

25 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Well Dudders was there and I don't think he was one of the children or grandchildren, so draw your own conclusion.

The original definitions of those descriptive terms came from the Sloane Ranger Handbook about 40 years ago. Sadly I lent my copy and it never returned. I think wrinklies were parents, crumblies grandparents and dusties - well, you work it out! I've probably passed the crossover from wrinkly to crumbly, being 70, so as Morty (rot his socks) suggests, I fitted in quite well. 

Edited by Oldddudders
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, gwrrob said:

Ah now,the view from the topmost branches of the tree is crystal clear and the timber is still holding and full of sap from where I currently sit.In fact the saps are down below .Crumble ? It’s what you eat.....

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

40 minutes ago, Ian Hargrave said:

Ah now,the view from the topmost branches of the tree is crystal clear and the timber is still holding and full of sap from where I currently sit.In fact the saps are down below .Crumble ? It’s what you eat.....

<<<<<<<Thankfully I have a few years yet before I join that club but what's the age criteria for being a crumbly/dusty>>>>>>>>

You'll know when you get there!:angel:

Brian.

• Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
On 07/07/2019 at 17:42, toboldlygo said:

Unfortunately this Star Class has been censored at the request of the the Grand Inquisitor :jester:

censoredStar.jpg

I reckon, based on the two small censored areas, this is either 4063 Daily Star or 4064 Star Bird.

N.Ipplespotter

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, colin penfold said:

I reckon, based on the two small censored areas, this is either 4063 Daily Star or 4064 Star Bird.

N.Ipplespotter

Good to see you keeping abreast of the situation Colin.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
59 minutes ago, Ashley Bridge said:

According to the lead article in “Good Housekeeping “ this month, J.A. still enjoys an active sex life.

Good on her, although somehow "Good Housekeeping" and "active sex life" don't seem to belong in the same sentence.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Ashley Bridge said:

According to the lead article in “Good Housekeeping “ this month, J.A. still enjoys an active sex life.

I'm not complaining either as I'm having very active sex at 55...…….

However, this causes problems as I live at number 45.....

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 18

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

Good on her, although somehow "Good Housekeeping" and "active sex life" don't seem to belong in the same sentence.

Hmm. Not so sure. Presumably if the lady is a good housekeeper and provides a nice environment for her man, she may be rewarded with his ongoing attentions?

Still active at 70. I didn't remarry just for Sherry's cooking skills!

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2