A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

4 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

According to the AA (despite Soloby not being in their road atlas) I am 2 hrs 27 mins away from Blubberhouses or 116.5 miles on the shortest route.  

But, How far are you from the REAL WORLD?:D

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

According to the AA (despite Soloby not being in their road atlas) I am 2 hrs 27 mins away from Blubberhouses or 116.5 miles on the shortest route.  

Found you on Google maps just now, though.

1 minute ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Well now you have visited the ranch you know or did you fall a sleep on the journey home and have no idea?

Jeff and I had to keep talking to keep John (our Chauffeur) awake, not enough caffeine in the water.:o

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Found you on Google maps just now, though.

Google maps shows my mate, John's holiday let cottages. Not the village. 

For some reason the local villagers call our village Soloby, it is actually Saltfleetby, pronounced not Salt-fleet-be as in Grims-be or Dar-be but Salt-fleet-buy. Confused, try living here.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Limpley Stoker said:

30 posts since the last picture of a train so I thought I would post this- work in progress.

You managed to squeeze five gas tanks between the trusses then.;)

• RMweb Gold

That fly tipping story reminded me of a wonderful line in the Arlo Guthrie song Alice's Restaurant. The narrator is looking for somwhere to dump some rubbish when he happens upon a  cliff with a pile of rubbish at the bottom. "We decided that one big pile was better than two little piles, and rather than bring that one up we decided to throw ours down"

Edited by colin penfold
Clarification
  • Funny 2