A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Anyone else spot long time follower of this thread Mike Stationmaster on the GMRC final tonight. You might not know but he was supporting Team Grantham as he has operated their exhibition layout.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, gwrrob said:

Anyone else spot long time follower of this thread Mike Stationmaster on the GMRC final tonight. You might not know but he was supporting Team Grantham as he has operated their exhibition layout.

Is it due to be repeated? Or has anyone found it on YouTube?

We cant get catch-up here.

Thanks, Neal.

• Agree 1

On 25/09/2019 at 19:20, M.I.B said:

I'm somewhat stunned to see the tanks in Calne photo again.  No idea what they would have been doing anywhere near Calne with 5 x MBT.  It's not on the Plain and there were no Army units close enough. Plenty of airfields..........

According to Disused Stations:

The platform at Caine was on the north side of the line. New sidings and a loading platform were added during WW1 and the passenger platform was extend up to the water tank during 1942 as the station carried heavy military traffic for the two neighbouring RAF bases.

But I have no idea why RAF bases would want tanks.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, KNP said:

Very nice sequence of pictures that has helped me answer a few issues on the 'old' one I'm working on.

Any chance of a similar set but of the other side of the loco?

Many thanks 

Here's the other side of Shaky - at the Works..

4966_lhfan.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold
On 27/10/2019 at 00:04, Neal Ball said:

Is it due to be repeated? Or has anyone found it on YouTube?

We cant get catch-up here.

Thanks, Neal.

On 26/10/2019 at 10:57, gwrrob said:

I have found most of Series 2 by searching Youtube. You need to beware of some scams but you can usually tell them by the short length. The genuine article is about an hour long and shows the cast in the title

Regards

John

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Forget James Brown - Shakey was the hardest working man in music in the 80s:  most teenagers, and yoof with any cred hated Shakey, so he could only hope for support from the OAPs (and ex teds) and the little kids who watched him on things like Cheggers Plays Pop/Runaround/Magpie etc.

Yet he still cranked out a massive number of top 10 and 20 hits without the support of the average record buyers!.  Not to be sniffed at.

"......what's that secret you're keepin'.............."

• Like 1
  • Funny 1