A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, gwrrob said:

As we are fast approaching the silly season it might be time for a caption contest featuring our beloved CK. A splendid and most commodious notion of a gentleman.

174608057_DSCN4520(2).JPG.01dbbd1cb73326ec4690e395d6533267.JPG

Any minute now, those men in malachite will drag me off this platform and back to the naughty chair...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, gwrrob said:

As we are fast approaching the silly season it might be time for a caption contest featuring our beloved CK. A splendid and most commodious notion of a gentleman.

CK is playing the panto dame in the Kernow pasty aficionados little theatre group, this year Brief Encounter: This can't last. This misery can't last. I must remember that and try to control myself. Nothing lasts really. Neither happiness nor despair. Not even life lasts very long. There'll come a time in the future when I shan't mind about this anymore, when I can look back and say quite peacefully and cheerfully how silly I was. No, no, I don't want that time to come ever. I want to remember every minute, always, always to the end of my days.

• Like 2
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, toboldlygo said:

Any minute now, those men in malachite will drag me off this platform and back to the naughty chair...

Thank God you didn't say pull him off....:rolleyes:

Edited by gwrrob
spilling
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, gwrrob said:

Thinks, ' I'm going to come up with an arty farty statement in a minute,  to bamboozle the attending throng '.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, woodenhead said:

CK is playing the panto dame in the Kernow pasty aficionados little theatre group, this year Brief Encounter: This can't last. This misery can't last. I must remember that and try to control myself. Nothing lasts really. Neither happiness nor despair. Not even life lasts very long. There'll come a time in the future when I shan't mind about this anymore, when I can look back and say quite peacefully and cheerfully how silly I was. No, no, I don't want that time to come ever. I want to remember every minute, always, always to the end of my days.

Conceptually, I cannot conceive of any aesthetic resonance in such biomorphic notions, my dears.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 2

4 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Conceptually, I cannot conceive of any aesthetic resonance in such biomorphic notions, my dears.

Alas, I must concur. It is the inevitable consequence of combining quantum gravity (as a social and linguistic construct) with a transcendental hermeneustic post-modernist production.

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 1

9 minutes ago, KeithMacdonald said:

Alas, I must concur. It is the inevitable consequence of combining quantum gravity (as a social and linguistic construct) with a transcendental hermeneustic post-modernist production.

Blimey, this 'ere caption competition's gettin' a bit 'ighbrow, innem?

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, gwrrob said:

"So I just have to pose here like a Charlie for 5 minutes? And you say the Modelu scanner is hidden in the carriage?"

Edited by Harlequin
  • Funny 8

The Good Capt'n (does he still maintain his rank?) looks the part of a retired government official complete with coffee.  Pants all pressed, shoes all shined and an air of confidence becoming someone of his station which appears to be one on a famous line in the Cotswolds.:good_mini:

Brian

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, gwrrob said:

You for coffee?

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Nadolig llawen, Rob. 

Another fine year for the finest of threads. 

Sheepbloke. 

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Soon hopefully a rather nice tinplate Hornby SR Refrigerator Van will arrive in time for Christmas alongside a M & S Cardi which will make a Happy Time for me.  I wish you all happy times this festive season.

For those West of the Tamar:  Nadelik Lowen!

Brian.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2