A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

I had just started to read this thread in the 'Help & Advice' section - 

When I saw the names of some of the contributors and the (no-doubt) erudite and highly technical discussions that had started up very quickly, I did rather feel sorry for the poor person who had initially posted the query. It can be made into such a can of worms.

I metaphysically put my head in my hands. At least I know what works for me.

• Like 2
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Gold
45 minutes ago, Waraqah said:

Did you have an appointment at tooth 'urtee?

:blush:

The old ones are the best . . .

and that one’s certainly old.

:-)

Paul.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

46 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

When I saw the names of some of the contributors and the (no-doubt) erudite and highly technical discussions that had started up very quickly, I did rather feel sorry for the poor person who had initially posted the query. It can be made into such a can of worms.

Noooooo!!!! Don't go there, it's not good for your sanity!

How it didn't get raided or busted by Ducking Giraffe's Rivet Police is beyond me.

• Like 4

Talking of the Dark Side, I'm off to a land far far away...… this afternoon as I am going with my son and grandson to watch the new Star Wars film.

Don't expect to get much modelling inspiration from it but a bit of escapism from the pre Christmas grind is welcome!

Cheers

Paul 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

Yo Mr Captain

I contributed to that thread. basically telling the OP to use Peco code 75 and have some fun driving trains.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, The Fatadder said:

Time for the annual trip to the Dean Forrest Railway for the Santa Special.  Sadly no 4575 this year though.  The BR Class 14 on the other end was western region are least...

DB06E810-002C-4C77-92DA-5D4AD3AF92C1.jpeg

E9613F7F-761C-4032-AD02-4379A7B352C0.jpeg

That loco, whilst not WR, is a miracle of preservation. It's been everywhere and ably served numerous railways AFAIK. My first experience of it was on the mid hants in the late 70s and here it is still giving pleasure.

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, gwrrob said:

Since my warflat had returned from weathering by @toboldlygo I've been trying to pluck up the courage to fit the chains to my Humber Scout cars and attach them to the floor and sides inspired how @john dew did on his Granby layout. I knew they would be fiddley and I was right ! I used some Hornby R7200 articulated screw link couplings in the end for the shackles as I didn't like the Roxey ones previously sourced. Like John, I drilled 0.6mm holes in the sides to take pins to superglue the chain and to try to keep it tensioned. As most of my modelling, it doesn't look too bad to a blind man on a galloping horse. I've decided now just to fit chains and hooks to my warwell and have it running empty for now. Hopefully tomorrow will bring me something for @Trains&armour to shunt it with in the yard.;)

1318389242_DSCN6152(2).JPG.1f167af8bf956e0b222f922829b754ce.JPG1040545046_DSCN6153(2).JPG.045ef40fa7030a22e374b8dbb12e950d.JPGDSCN6154_(2).JPG.f42087ec93e971a33de04e6c0a1e1cb1.JPG1312419277_DSCN6155(2).JPG.9c8b8c03857608dda0258aaff0de7e86.JPG1067187160_DSCN6155(2)bw.jpg.0a1363cf6d4c8fa662e47ba7b4801ab4.jpg

Not to mention the Humber Scout cars had a visit to the works too ;)

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1