A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

A bit of a northerly blowing by the look of those lamps...

When I whip it out again I’ll replace them with better quality ones from Modelu.

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, gwrrob said:

Not just expresses either Paul, as we see a Standard class 3 82006 on a freight of bauxite liveried vans. Too many nice models that tempted me to model the later period as well as my favoured '47 timeframe.

1247743290_DSCN4267(2).JPG.c50b4ff943a5c4c5dd9078b14e43d1ef.JPG

I like that Rob,

Pictures like that help to win the ongoing battle my model loving self has with my prudent self on the purchase of a Class 3!

Cheers

Paul

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, 2ManySpams said:

With kind permission from Sir Robin of Coventry... Time now to own up and confess why there's been little progress for months on Pencarrow...

Two reasons really:
1. A spot of domestic decorating (heavy duty variety)
2. I've been in training for taking part in the Spring "Wolf Run" on 4th April.

So what's a Wolf Run? (I didn't know either) It's a run through Woods, over Obstacles, swimming across a Lake and more running across Fields. 6 miles in total. What the name fails to mention is mud. Lots of mud, sludge, muck and more mud. For more info and rose-tinted photos see: https://thewolfrun.com/springwolf/

In reality the event is more like this:

DKkbdcdVYAIXuPz.jpg.f9f816c31a545ba1fbfa6e73af200bde.jpg

Just to be clear, I've not done anything like this before and am certainly not an athlete! This will be a real personal challenge for me. Training is happening through the winter months. Bit of a first - running for a reason other than trying to catch the train to work!

I've chosen to use the event to raise money for Cancer Research UK because cancer has affected our family over the years - uncles, friends, my father-in-law and my dad.

Most recently it has struck my 8 year old nephew, a keen footballer, whose treatment has resulted in a significant mass of muscle being removed from his leg. He's a brave lad that's been through chemotherapy, radiotherapy and operations.

If folk wish to support my stupidity (absolutely no expectation or compulsion), my Cancer Research donation page is here:

https://fundraise.cancerresearchuk.org/page/chriss-giving-page-655

Cheers all. Thanks Rob.

My pleasure......I hope when you do it you also gain as much pleasure as it appears to offer. Oh yes, bloody good show matey and a humbling activity for a wonderful cause. 

Philth

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, 2ManySpams said:

With kind permission from Sir Robin of Coventry... Time now to own up and confess why there's been little progress for months on Pencarrow...

Two reasons really:
1. A spot of domestic decorating (heavy duty variety)
2. I've been in training for taking part in the Spring "Wolf Run" on 4th April.

So what's a Wolf Run? (I didn't know either) It's a run through Woods, over Obstacles, swimming across a Lake and more running across Fields. 6 miles in total. What the name fails to mention is mud. Lots of mud, sludge, muck and more mud. For more info and rose-tinted photos see: https://thewolfrun.com/springwolf/

In reality the event is more like this:

DKkbdcdVYAIXuPz.jpg.f9f816c31a545ba1fbfa6e73af200bde.jpg

Just to be clear, I've not done anything like this before and am certainly not an athlete! This will be a real personal challenge for me. Training is happening through the winter months. Bit of a first - running for a reason other than trying to catch the train to work!

I've chosen to use the event to raise money for Cancer Research UK because cancer has affected our family over the years - uncles, friends, my father-in-law and my dad.

Most recently it has struck my 8 year old nephew, a keen footballer, whose treatment has resulted in a significant mass of muscle being removed from his leg. He's a brave lad that's been through chemotherapy, radiotherapy and operations.

If folk wish to support my stupidity (absolutely no expectation or compulsion), my Cancer Research donation page is here:

https://fundraise.cancerresearchuk.org/page/chriss-giving-page-655

Cheers all. Thanks Rob.

Well, I knew you were a fruitcake, Chris, but you are without doubt a fruitcake with a cause.

Good luck.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

Good luck Chris. I never pass up on a chance to help Cancer Relief. I’ve lost too many relations and good mates, even a dog. It’s got to be stopped.

PS: We want to see a snap of you looking like the guy in the photo! :laugh_mini:

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

Big thank you to all on ANtB for your support and the resounding consensus that I'm one dollop short of a mud pie. :P (can't argue that one)

There will certainly be photos although I have no idea how any photographer will be able to identify who is who! With Rob's permission I'll post the occasional update on progress towards the event. 

All the best.

• Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, gwrrob said:

Talking of legends and I see Saint class 2999 Lady of Legend is visiting the SVR for the spring gala in April.

https://www.svr.co.uk/SEItem.aspx?a=146&fbclid=IwAR3770OVstpN28P0-ppQ2srwJnq2BnsdBZa0pk5c4UWQHc-SGo2mZ94xvdk

Guess you'll be attending Robin? 

If you are we'll need a few snaps. 

• Agree 4

• RMweb Gold

As the weekend is nearly with us Robin are you taking requests? 

Wouldn't mind seeing a bit of Kingsbridge action with connecting services. 

Cheers, 

Mark 

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1