A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

What would be the best donor to model 5018 or 5001 then ?

I think I’m right in saying that Tintagal Castle is the closest to both of them in the GWR releases. Not sure if there has also been a BR release in that number range.   

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Clearwater said:

I was wondering about your footbridge and it’s origins? Is it a kit or scratch built?

Scratch-built by the great David Amais into a kit of parts that I painted and assembled. Page 764.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, The Fatadder said:

I think I’m right in saying that Tintagal Castle is the closest to both of them in the GWR releases. Not sure if there has also been a BR release in that number range.   

If so, a good thing I bought another Tintagel a few weeks ago... but now it's a hard choice, GWR War Black or Green??

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

It looks like I've got away with not doing an Easter photo shoot as there's been no requests here......

:P

How about a Grange on a freight train?

Oh, wait...

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 2

3 hours ago, gwrrob said:

It looks like I've got away with not doing an Easter photo shoot as there's been no requests here......

:P

How about a double header, such as something small piloting a King, or two tanks front to front?

Cheers

Paul

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Ah, the footbridge!.. I remember the mysteries of the stenchpipe. I’m still not sure which drains it is supposed to be ventilating - but nobody on the platform seems to be complaining. Mind you, we haven’t seen the Finching Sisters for a very long time indeed. Perhaps we should get somebody to ask Dr Creasy if they are alright.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, St Enodoc said:

Rob, would you mind telling me the number of the coach please?

Thanks.

It’s a diagram E147 number 6850.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why not go all Pendon-esk ?

Get the 47xx out with ALL of your wagons and re-create something similar ?

I will forgive you if there aren't 100+ 

p.s. maybe video it and lets see if we can count them all correctly

Edited by bgman
  • Like 2
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Limpley Stoker said:

Mind you, we haven’t seen the Finching Sisters for a very long time indeed. 

Social distancing 1947 style and we see one of them here. Minnie is currently under Dr Creasy with acute angina.:D

IMG_7026_(2).JPG.d8139e9da7eeaa017e4df000013a44b6.JPG

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 4

Very nice but it looks to me as if the porter has either dropped the bags he was carrying or believes he is still pushing the trolley?

Edited by KNP
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, KNP said:

Very nice but it looks to me as if the porter has either dropped the bags he was carrying or believes he is still pushing the trolley?

He should be more concerned that his Lupins are flowering in April.;)

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Report (Thursday)

I ventured to the local Tesco at Lee Mill again yesterday. The person managing the front of the outside queue last week told me that '4pm was a quieter time', so I went there for 4pm yesterday. It was busier than the Friday morning last week! However, within 5 minutes of starting to queue, I was at the head of the queue and very quickly was permitted to enter the store.

Went round quite quickly and wore the new Mk 2 Kernow Mask that CTMK had scratchbuilt for me the previous day. Definitely an improvement on the Mk1, although you lot are NOT getting a photo. Having seen the animated simulation yesterday, showing how droplets from a single cough can spread from supermarket aisle to aisle, I decided not to take any chances.

All items on list obtained and managed generally to keep apart from other shoppers (perhaps they were avoiding the wierdo in the mask?).

All in all, a satisfactory shopping expedition for the current times.

End of report.

Edited by Captain Kernow
  • Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold

Report today)

CTMK and I went for another short local walk and I took the following footage from the bridge that carries the Avonwick lane over the A38 'Devon Expressway', which was even quieter than the previous time:

We then returned to Kernow Towers and I re-started the 74XX running in process.

I will now be making the tea.

End of report.

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 2

10 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Report today)

CTMK and I went for another short local walk and I took the following footage from the bridge that carries the Avonwick lane over the A38 'Devon Expressway', which was even quieter than the previous time:

I do actually like how quiet the world is, perhaps we all need to learn to chill a bit more and spend less time rushing about.

• Agree 8
  • Friendly/supportive 2