A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Taz said:
On 25/05/2020 at 19:23, 2ManySpams said:

On 26/05/2020 at 12:03, 2ManySpams said:

Are you spying on me?

Do Your Civic Duty Spams and accept the disadvantages  (or be dealt with by the Management')

To many cummings and goings on here so I'm off.

Ar$£

• Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

South Hams Retail Update

I visited the large Tesco store in Lee Mill just after lunch today. Observations now follow:

- Having been coming at the same time and same day for a number of weeks, today was the busiest in terms of the length of the queue outside the store

- More customers wearing masks than on any previous visit

- Hand gel now freely available

- No new model railway magazines on sale compared with last week, but did pick up a copy of the latest 'Steam Railway'

- Once again, no stocks of sun-dried tomatoes, a popular ingredient in the Kernow Towers kitchen

- Interestingly, very low stocks of The Captain's Favourite Muesli, although a small supply was obtained

- Large amounts of flour on sale, but only in massive bags the size of garden compost bags

- Good stocks of lavatory paper, bananas and cotton buds

End of report.

• Informative/Useful 10
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

Bollox to all this stuff, I need to cuddle something like this:

100801298_3299009543476574_6913614624512278528_o.jpg.3fabd79176015995d09741d6ec26686c.jpg

but, but... they're the wrong shade of malachite and one of them has one of those James Milne tenders.

:blink:

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
42 minutes ago, Tim Dubya said:

but, but... they're the wrong shade of malachite and one of them has one of those James Milne tenders.

:blink:

Where U been a hiding, in Mam's spare cottage in Durham?

Welcome back Tim.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, gwrrob said:

I'm unsure whether to paint the red on the runner beans as this would tie the date of the layout down.

Go on! That would make it high summer and it's always high summer in the South Devon of our memories.

• Agree 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, 2ManySpams said:

rps20200528_232158.jpg.75729fb3cb6dd0b5a3835086f814bc17.jpg

You could have picked some shots with nice trees or gorse in Chris, I would have given them a 'like' then.:D

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Limpley Stoker said:

Finching Sisters reunited are they living in the same household ?  Brent police were asking.

That's an old photo. They fell out and are no longer talking....

• Informative/Useful 3
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 28/05/2020 at 11:57, Captain Kernow said:

South Hams Retail Update

- Large amounts of flour on sale, but only in massive bags the size of garden compost bags

Not a surprise, there is lots of flour available at the milling end of things.  The problem is in the retail packaging area, and there is lots of spare capacity at the moment in the wholesale/bakery supply packaging so some retailers are resorting to stocking commercial products in the larger bags.

What is missing (at least in North America) is yeast, because they need to grow it they can't just suddenly package more.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
22 minutes ago, mdvle said:

Not a surprise, there is lots of flour available at the milling end of things.  The problem is in the retail packaging area, and there is lots of spare capacity at the moment in the wholesale/bakery supply packaging so some retailers are resorting to stocking commercial products in the larger bags.

and yellow split peas, I'm missing dal ☹️

• Friendly/supportive 1