A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, KNP said:

Very tranquil

On my way with my bucket and spade now I can get safely down onto the beach.........!!!

Don't tell the goods shed manager at Princetown station that South Hams District Council have 'borrowed' their steps.;)

Thanks to a heads up from Nick @Brinkly that the Rail Models parts are available separately. 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, gwrrob said:

Hall class 4943 Marrington Hall heads west with an eight coach train.

673142062_DSCN7079(2).JPG.c5364ecde4883cfaefdf9bcf6889cfe0.JPG880584284_DSCN7080(2).JPG.47dbc26f2aa42c38a1c21ea499fa0c6b.JPG811230878_DSCN7081(2).JPG.5cc80098aece53b4e264fe8afd4923cb.JPG

3 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

How do we know?

We 'ave ter taek 'is word for it, we might get the odd glimpse of 3 or 4, I don't remember seein' an eight coacher.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Siberian Snooper said:

We 'ave ter taek 'is word for it, we might get the odd glimpse of 3 or 4, I don't remember seein' an eight coacher.

It seems video evidence confirms four coaches so that could be a job for tomorrow.

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold
59 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

It seems video evidence confirms four coaches so that could be a job for tomorrow.

IDK these Train Enthusiasts put themselves in some precarious positions to get their footage ;) 

Edited by toboldlygo
text - lack of lol
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 2

1 hour ago, toboldlygo said:

IDK these Train Enthusiasts put themselves in some precarious positions to get their footage ;) 

Wheres the steam that enshrouds the photographer when a train passes beneath?:(

Brian.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, brianusa said:

Wheres the steam that enshrouds the photographer when a train passes beneath?:(

Brian.

Please don't encourage the photo-fiddlers! Nothing looks more false than  smoke and steam superimposed upon a model. 

• Agree 4
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

Please don't encourage the photo-fiddlers! Nothing looks more false than  smoke and steam superimposed upon a model. 

Depends how it's done for me, Ian. I've seen some in magazines and on RMweb that I don't like at all but other folk seem to have a knack of getting it to look OK - no names, no pack drill. It tends to be drifting smoke and steam that works, rather than good blasts up the chimney though.

• Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

Inspired by a lowmac wagon seen on the @Captain Kernow layout recently I got this similar Wrenn Loriot P cheaply off Ebay and set about improving it. Some three links, weight, new wheels and buffers were added. My usual weathering and now I need to decide on a load for it. It will join my bolster wagons.

1390152376_DSCN7082(2).JPG.dce28e9d3c42e639d766674c78bc45d2.JPGDSCN7084_(2).JPG.195468de96e7f2eacf58da00f08081cf.JPG465324536_DSCN7086(2).JPG.1642b620d4c84ebd98bbf15855186279.JPG

They do look good with a traction engine on ;)

tract_01.jpg.6030aee62adc58c0f41182a4b8a109e3.jpg

• Like 11
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold
On 15/08/2020 at 13:25, Siberian Snooper said:

As promised.:drink_mini:

• Like 14
  • Round of applause 3
  • Funny 1

Assuming @gwrrob doesn’t mind, one for the vintage aviation enthusiasts.  We were at IWM Duxford this afternoon and overheard that a Hurricane was due to take off.  And lo it did!  As may be seen in the dark clouds, only a moment before it rained with great velocity!  Apols for the wobbles and imperfect phone videoing skills!

David

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, gwrrob said:

As promised.

Hurrah! Although for the first 20 seconds I thought it was going to be one of your subtle jokes...

Edited by St Enodoc
  • Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1