A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

Nice view behind the loco.

The glorious South Hams.

3 hours ago, Oldddudders said:

Simply a class above.....

Just like the guy @Graham_Muz who did it and is now the new product development manager at Kernow.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

This afternoon we catch a Tavistock Junction bound freight train of vans hauled by one of the Newton Granges, 6813 Eastbury Grange.

Lovely looking engine.  Like the way the light catches the boiler in the last shot.

• Agree 4

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, checkrail said:

Lovely looking engine.  Like the way the light catches the boiler in the last shot.

Yes, I like Granges. With their smaller driving wheels they sort of squat on their haunches and look more purposeful than Halls.

• Like 4
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
20 hours ago, 2ManySpams said:

Nice Nice.

Particularly if you could eat them in Nice, France.

They were served at the first conference of the National Institute of Clinical Excellence. I thought they were NICE !

Edited by Limpley Stoker
Typo
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
22 hours ago, gwrrob said:

finish the top fence this week

Now you have it, Just don't make the mistake I made yesterday putting in some more modern fencing on my layout and put one bit in upside down. 

Now I just need to digest the 1568 pages of this thread to see what you have been up to for the last 7 years. In all seriousness though Rob, I know early on there is a plan via a control panel image but what is the overall dimensions of the layout?

1 hour ago, Captain Kernow said:

indulging themselves with some afternoon tea and cakes

Is there a specific cake type  that the driver of a such a cute engine would consume? Need to ensure modelling standards are maintained after all.

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, pirouets said:

Is there a specific cake type  that the driver of a such a cute engine would consume? Need to ensure modelling standards are maintained after all.

I would have thought a bit of lardy cake would go down a treat. As for a cute engine, a Pannier would do nicely

Edited by brushman47544
  • Like 3
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, pirouets said:

I know early on there is a plan via a control panel image but what is the overall dimensions of the layout?

14 feet by 8 feet or 4.27 by 2.44 metres in old money.

2 hours ago, pirouets said:

Any cake with raspberries and mascarpone ticks my box.

Edited by gwrrob
choice of fruit
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2