A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

And here:Don't forget
Next Saturday - November10th at 6.30pm 
At the Memorial Hall, Redruth

Paul Burkhalter
presents 
Hidden Railways of Plymouth

Plug from the CRS page, should you be in the area!

Brian.        

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

There were four of 'em at Bromsgrove and Midland men always used to say that just one of 'em could take 20 bogies up the Lickey on it's own, with just a shovel full of dust in the back corners.

They had eighteen of 'em at Yeovil Jct, which were put there at the pleasure of Ivan Petersfield and his chum, Norman Locksmith. Ivo would have a regular bet with Norman as to which one would be working the Sidmouth Goods on any given day. Poor Norman never realised that Ivan used to bribe the shed foreman at Yeovil to put his favourite Barclay 'Brunhilde' on that working.

That same diagram wot worked past SOS Jct then used to work a Wednesdays only pick-up goods (every second month with a 'G' in its name) down to Mutton and back. Not a lot of people know that.

Them Barclays is Jocko's..............I remember them at Bromsgrove, pre the fat panniers that often offended.

Ar$£

• RMweb Gold

Whilst searching for info on Siphon B G s I found this http://www.shapeways.com/product/CT854ECA7/gwr-9-american-bogie-Hornby-airfix-fit

Sure you all knew about it but just in case?

Mr Duck they did run on other types of bogie besides, the 7' & 9' Collett one's as well.

Rob is that County Hornby's latest offering ?, I take it TBG has attacked it with the airbrush.

Well overpriced imo. :O

That's the trouble with Limited Editions every one takes the p!ss with the prices and Kernow are way OTT with those.  :nono:

• RMweb Gold

Rob is that County Hornby's latest offering ?, I take it TBG has attacked it with the airbrush.

No, it's on loan to ANTB from fellow member, 46444 and it's all his work.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

This afternoon we will catch County class 1022 County of Northampton on a Manchester- Penzance service.

attachicon.gifDSCN4630 (2).JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN4631 (2).JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN4632 (2).JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN4633 (2).JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN4634 (2).JPG

Phew, for a minute there I thought it'd left its train behind...

• RMweb Premium

Mr Duck they did run on other types of bogie besides, the 7' & 9' Collett one's as well.

That's the trouble with Limited Editions every one takes the p!ss with the prices and Kernow are way OTT with those. :nono:

Yes thanks for that. I have had a good time this evening looking at my few reference books. Underframes and under gubbins varied too. Only outside frame survivor seems to be at the SVR Railway and looks really smart.

I also now need to find my only pic of a U Class at SJ. It was one of the Yeovil engines AFAIK and it was shutting the Dairy in the pic.

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

Whatever.  :beee:

Well, conceptually Darling, I'm surprised that no one's mentioned yet that the contextual yet mechanical mark-making of the purity of line brings within the realm of discourse the remarkable handling of light and shade within the artifice of cute little Pecketts.

At the risk of moi being ever so slightly controversial on such an esteemed GW thread I have to say that the County isn't one of my favourite locomotives turned out by Swindon.

I much prefer the Saint to said County Class.

I think it is purely the straight nameplate that strangely makes it less aesthetically pleasing for me as apposed to a nicely curved nameplate.

There I've said it !

G

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

At the risk of moi being ever so slightly controversial on such an esteemed GW thread I have to say that the County isn't one of my favourite locomotives turned out by Swindon.

I much prefer the Saint to said County Class.

I think it is purely the straight nameplate that strangely makes it less aesthetically pleasing for me as apposed to a nicely curved nameplate.

There I've said it !

G

My favourite GWR class of loco is the pannier.

Any pannier.

And fish and chips.

• Like 3