A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

Can you start building a Bulldog then please Clive. ;)

post-16423-0-25828300-1542046735_thumb.jpg

I suppose the unfinished one could become Bulldog, Haven't given it much thought as to which one it will be.

Or do you mean the kettle Bulldog? 3300 class with those nice curved frames or a 3341 class with straight frames.....not sure, I haven't scratchbuilt a steam loco.

• Like 3

If I can get my Finney Dean Goods kit (with its working inside motion kit) sold for close to the price of a Finney Bulldog, I will be building one in the new year, which hopefully should do the job

Did someone mention Dean Goods kit ?

O Gauge is it ? 

Isn't Rob interested in O Gauge ?

I'm getting there with mine at last

First running with leads attached, boring to some I know but its one of those aaah! moments when you see it working  :senile:

G

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Another Castle 5011 replacement purchased for a goodly price it will be renumbered 5006 it's nice to get one from the correct batch and the old loco with the ringpiece 

motor will end up powering an old Saint if it fits till the event of a new one of those coming to the market.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/137824-br-gwr-siphon-g-diagram-o33-in-4mm-scale/?p=3364180

Looks a superb kit. How about we all get one and see who leaves theirs the longest before building it?

I have actually ordered one as it does look a lovely set of etches.

P

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/137824-br-gwr-siphon-g-diagram-o33-in-4mm-scale/?p=3364180

Looks a superb kit. How about we all get one and see who leaves theirs the longest before building it?

P

that looks nice I wonder how many scorched finger that took to build.

• RMweb Premium

P

I know a better competition, see who almost gets it finished but leaves it the longest. I am very good at that game.

I really must get round to taking some fresh shots of this beauty, Castle class 5049 Earl of Plymouth.

attachicon.gifpost-126-0-89964100-1428327480 (3).jpg

Thats better !

Mind you I'd like to see a Bulldog too running on Brent eh ? I did vote for one.

G

Edited by bgman

• RMweb Gold

Thats better !

Mind you I'd like to see a Bulldog to running on Brent eh ? I did vote for one.

G

I've 2 on the go but I still vote for one I wonder what will come first the RTR or the kits

I know a better competition, see who almost gets it finished but leaves it the longest. I am very good at that game.

i 'll join in with that one I've a habit of casting kits aside if I get stuck building them.

I've 2 on the go but I still vote for one I wonder what will come first the RTR or the kits

i 'll join in with that one I've a habit of casting kits aside if I get stuck building them.

Knowing our luck probably both mate !

G

• RMweb Premium

My biggest problem is not when I get stuck, but I reach a point where I go and wonder off and start something else. Hence the GT3 hasn't had anything done to it, apart from a new tender coupling for yonks and even more yonks. It runs nicely. You should have seen the look of puzzlement on Mr Duck's face as he tried to work out what chassis I had used. It is two strips of brass with some little bits joining them and some holes for the axles, finished off with a motor and gear mounting thingy.  Easier to build than the little diesel shunter chassis I have made for myself.

• Like 1