A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

:punish: That stuff hasn't any grab so it isn't any good for Ratio kits, stick to your aero planes Biggles. :laugh:

It sticks railway plastics perfectly well - in fact that's what I started using it on first, so obviously you can't read instructions properly  :jester:  :jester:

• RMweb Gold

It sticks railway plastics perfectly well - in fact that's what I started using it on first, so obviously you can't read instructions properly  :jester:  :jester:

I blame this thread for this item selling out ( cheapest seller) on ebay. Delia at work again perhaps.

• RMweb Gold

This is turning into gluegate.

With what should I stick to the topic?

Dear Liza, Dear Liza,

Dear Liza, Dear Liza

With what?

Dear Liza, Dear Liza,

Dear Liza, Dear Liza

With what?

A Dean Goods/Castle/Hall/28xx/King..........etc.......etc........

Mo Vin-Gon

Edit.......Slap my wrist.....I forgot a PANNIER !

Edited by bgman
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I have today purchased a copy of B&R Video Promotions DVD from The Jim Clemens Collection, No.12 'Herefordshire Byways'. There is said to be some footage of the Kington to Rhyadar line on there, specifically some of 1458 shunting the yard at Capel Bethesda.

Edit - just watched some of this DVD - there is some absolutely superb footage of the Kington and Presteigne branch goods services, being worked by 1420. Wonderful stuff!

Edited by Captain Kernow
  • Like 2

Another week end another build. 

Attempting a timber frame GWR Goods Shed in 7mm.

No plastic ( except for the brickwork panels ) was hurt, I decided to use some foam board for the shell for an experiment and clad in heavy card.

post-20303-0-89351400-1546788434_thumb.jpg

post-20303-0-02314800-1546788450_thumb.jpg

post-20303-0-55798000-1546788529_thumb.jpg

post-20303-0-13746700-1546788464_thumb.jpg

The weekenders are quite fun !

G

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Grahame - you are showing the rest of us up - this prolificicityness will not go unpunished!

I was about to report him for building models and being prostitutelificus etc. but then I decided to tell you all something else much more exciting. Then I got too excited and had to have a Brandy Coffee, but here I am again and so.....

Yesterday my purchase arrived from Mr Ian Macdonald (and no it wasn't a how to find your troosers map) . It is the kit for the Siphon G Diagram 0.33 or 0.59. I am not making a utube vid of opening the box so look here my friends. 

I am sure Ian will not mind me saying that this kit, at a Comet Coach price, is bl00dy amazing quality and there are comprehensive (Academy?) instructions and a large number of excellent pics of the build on a CD. Other kit producers please note...……!

What is also helpful for me is that I now have a very similar item to the Kemilway parts I acquired some months back (but those parts are nowhere near as neat as this product and not complete) and it might well enable me to actually do something with that rather lost cause. 

I am not going to produce any photo's or descriptions of the kit's items as most of the trial build(s) are on another thread that I mentioned ages ago, but I am going to say get one now if you can. It is going to be a lovely thing to make.

Phil

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Hornby are announcing a brand new version tomorrow morning at 10am Philipus. :jester:  :jester:

Don't care, as TW would(n't) say, I will have builded this myself...………..and I should be able to paint this as it will just be maroon and dirt!

P

• Like 1

Grahame - you are showing the rest of us up - this prolificicityness will not go unpunished!

Oh! I doubt that very much, as you well know, I am more than capable of showing myself up without anyone else helping me !

As for using BIG words on me, that, I feel is punishment enough  :scared:  :tomato:  :O

G

• RMweb Gold

Hornby are announcing a brand new version tomorrow morning at 10am Philipus. :jester: :jester:

Who cares, based on the etches in front of me this will be as good if not better even if Hornby do announce one. :P

Really impressed with the kit and can’t wait to build it. Only issue is that it will really show up my old Gornby G/H and older kit built F and J....

Edited by The Fatadder

• RMweb Gold

It could be either a very expensive or very cheap year for you Rob with the announcements tomorrow.

I'll be happy with sepia prints and horsehair to quote Mr H of this parish.