A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

All this talk of aircraft modelling has got me thinking, does anyone make a 1:72/1:76 Harvard?

I’m off for a flight in one at Duxford on Sunday and would like to get a model to go with my Tigermoth from last year.

Airfix used to do one.

It's on the Airfix to do list - I have no doubt. As they (Airfix) re-tooled the Blenheim (1/72 and soon to be issued 1/48) and the Beaufighter - share common parts  ;)

There's a line at the end of "Stolen Journey", Oliver Philpott's account of his escape in the 'Wooden Horse' tunnel from Stalag Luft 3, of Philpot arriving back in Britain. By a coincidence, his flight from Sweden back to the UK landed back at the very base,Leuchars, he'd set off from prior to being captured. By his account, the same airman who'd marked him down as missing saw him and did a double take. Phlipot remarked to an officer as he looked out in the dark at the shapes of aircraft at dispersal "good to see you've still got the Beauforts here" " good god man, those went years ago! Those are Beaufighters."

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

He looks a bit windy to me

It's all a matter of scale.........

(cue arguments about 4mmSDFS  (Super Dooper Finer Scale)    vs NM    (nineteen mm)    )

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

No, though I fancy doing the Lincoln conversion from to a Lancaster ;)

The Lincoln being the development of the Lancaster. Remember seeing those at RAF St.Athan on Wings Day in the (very) early 1950's.Last piston engine heavy bomber to see service.menacing in black.Then came first the Canberra,followed by the V bombers.

• RMweb Gold

It's on the Airfix to do list - I have no doubt. As they (Airfix) re-tooled the Blenheim (1/72 and soon to be issued 1/48) and the Beaufighter - share common parts  ;)

There you go, but it's nor-wessun and not a real railway:

Site_of_Beaufort_Station_-_geograph.org.

I was thinking more along the lines of 5078.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

This morning I am singing in the rain.

Last night, James Arthur was also singing in the rain.

I wouldn't have cared but

1. I could hear him :(

2. I was soaked :(

Dr. Aggedalong :(

Edited by colin penfold