A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Superb. Thanks for that!

I'd say at a quick glance that it was filmed around 2003 - 2004, as the formation on the-then single section between Burngullow and Probus was clearly being prepared for re-doubling, which was commissioned in 2004.

• RMweb Premium

I missed this post, a lighter base green is required then ?

It it were Torrey Canyon timeframe that would surely be a Warship with some red and yellow coaches......................or sumfink like that - diesel traction and liveries not my strong-point.

Diesel tractors and livery yards - now those I do know something about.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Pah, I'm just in the throws of painting my Comet sided one it took for ever to find and do the interior.

4582 looks a tad too clean will that be wendling it way to TBG at a later date?.

• RMweb Gold

Very nice wagons (and lovely inoffensive loco of course).

The whole rake is Bachmann as Hornby's run of the mill wagons don't cut it I'm afraid.

It's been a fairly breezy and fresh day in Brent today. Rain is not expected and the washing is now on the line.

Thongs very much  :mosking:

• RMweb Gold

It's been a fairly breezy and fresh day in Brent today. Rain is not expected and the washing is now on the line.

Must have been a strong gust to blow the washing onto the line.

You'd better retrieve it before a train runs over it.

• Like 2

Why does mention of some tea towels on the washing line have to degenerate into talk of underwear and items being blown some half a mile by a non-existent gale onto a railway line?

Saffron buns 

attachicon.giffokker_13.jpg

It's blog entry time for this little Fokker  :jester:  :jester:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/blog/135/entry-21133-a-little-fokker-eindecker-eiii-a-very-small-build/

Which reminds me of this, great  sketch

Stan Boardman and Des O'connor the Fokker joke

Edited by vulcanbomber

• RMweb Gold

Why does mention of some tea towels on the washing line have to degenerate into talk of underwear and items being blown some half a mile by a non-existent gale onto a railway line?

You're expecting common sense, on this  thread forum ?

• RMweb Gold

If anyone is affected by anything on this thread there is counselling available. :read:

Offered freely* by the Men in Malachite :jester:   

Though you may end up with an aversion to daylight and selling everything to buy Bulleids  :jester: 

*However there's a 6 month waiting list, as Spams doesn't want to come out of the Iron Bulleid (he's having his mail redirected to it) - so they are building a second & third IB to try and reduce the waiting list  :jester: