A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

I'll just pop this here, as you all seem rather enamoured of GWR locomotive engines...

attachicon.gifupload_2018-9-19_10-57-48.png

Looks good, doesn't it? 

Image appropriated from the National Preservation website, as I don't do facebook any more

Now that's got a Malcolm Finney etched Perseverance compensated chassis sprung with Continuous Digital Beams.

• RMweb Premium

I'll just pop this here, as you all seem rather enamoured of GWR locomotive engines...

Looks good, doesn't it? 

Image appropriated from the National Preservation website, as I don't do facebook any more

What have they done to that Hall?

• RMweb Gold

What have they done to that Hall?

It's a bit of a cut & shut job, Clive, but I think that the whitemetal chimney could be replaced by something turned on a lathe. You can also see the pick-ups if you look closely and they've weathered it a bit too much, for a loco in the prime of GWR service.

• RMweb Premium

It's a bit of a cut & shut job, Clive, but I think that the whitemetal chimney could be replaced by something turned on a lathe. You can also see the pick-ups if you look closely and they've weathered it a bit too much, for a loco in the prime of GWR service.

Hi Tim

A bit like modellers use to do to the Tri-ang Hall. New plastic card cab, or a Airfix City cab, bigger Romfords and a few other nips and tucks and you had a Saint. A little bit more work and you could have a Star. If you felt adventurous even a Grange. The very brave would whip off the valve gear and cylinders from a 8F and bung on a Hall body to make a 28xx.  Nowadays it is make sure you tick the right box on the wish list and wait for it to come top of the list.  

There was a person suggesting Hornby should make a Saint class loco on the Modern Hornby wish list thread, and I got told off for asking for some green diesels including the WR 151xx 350 hp 0-6-0 locos.

Edited by Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Gold

Hi Tim

A bit like modellers use to do to the Tri-ang Hall. New plastic card cab, or a Airfix City cab, bigger Romfords and a few other nips and tucks and you had a Saint. A little bit more work and you could have a Star. If you felt adventurous even a Grange. The very brave would whip off the valve gear and cylinders from a 8F and bung on a Hall body to make a 28xx.  Nowadays it is make sure you tick the right box on the wish list and wait for it to come top of the list.  

There was a person suggesting Hornby should make a Saint class loco on the Modern Hornby wish list thread, and I got told off for asking for some green diesels including the WR 151xx 350 hp 0-6-0 locos.

You could make a Black 5 from an Airfix mineral wagon if you were clever enough.

Hi Tim

I miss those days.  With the tiny, low contrast black and white photographs in the Railway Toddler, as long as it had the right number of wheels, we were golden.

I miss those days.  With the tiny, low contrast black and white photographs in the Railway Toddler, as long as it had the right number of wheels, we were golden.

I agree.

I remeber converting my triang Princess to a streamlined Merchant Navy, with a cardboard airsmoothed casing. That had the right number of

wheels.  Happy days!

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

And when I posted my interpretation of the OP’s intentions, noting it was strictly D&E prototypes on his list, some #$&* starts talking about Midland Spinners!

• RMweb Gold

Exactly.  Because if you've seen one, you've Seenem Hall

Don't be shy DRG , if you want a photo shoot you only after ask. Kirby, Trevor or Marrington ?  ;)

• RMweb Premium

And when I posted my interpretation of the OP’s intentions, noting it was strictly D&E prototypes on his list, some #$&* starts talking about Midland Spinners!

Some were based in Bristol so quite close to Devon so why not, they were beautiful engines.

Looks good, doesn't it? 

Saintly!!! (someone had to say it), I would have preferred it with the curved drop ends, but it's a Saint and it is good to see.

Glenn with his 'Churchward Appreciation Society' hat on

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Please bring back the long lost Halls:

Chough Hall

Fark Hall

Burgher Hall

Knaff Hall

Sword Hall

victims of the cutter's axe....................

Edited by M.I.B