A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

Out of interest, which are the least popular names for the class?

David

Those without a plaque are the least favourite in my experience, I didn't get many requests for Chard, Shaftesbury, Watersmeet or the like. By far the most popular was Salisbury, closely followed by Bideford. We are talking renamed Wiltons here; BR late crest with cut down tender.

I spent most of this weekend researching LMS BCKs, how my little modelling world has changed!

• RMweb Gold

You missed one Robin.........or have you got all the Siphons you need? :jester:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/Wishlist2018/Guide/14.%20Coaching%20Stock%20-%20Non-passenger-carrying%20(NPCCS).pdf

Whats the consensus about voting..........scattergun or precise?   Tick all the relevant locos or just focus on a couple so as not to dilute the vote..........look what happened with the Top light poll

I would be very happy for Manors to top the poll although if they are already being planned maybe I should go for a Bulldog?  Decisions decisions

Undecided in Vancouver

Erm....Don't forget 7mm it'd save me building my own or buying a kit !

A few weeks ago it looked like this -

post-20303-0-36827200-1539643215_thumb.jpg

Here's tonights version -

post-20303-0-35640500-1539642814_thumb.jpg

post-20303-0-60027100-1539642829_thumb.jpg

post-20303-0-64416100-1539642848_thumb.jpg

Its a slow process ( albeit enjoyable ) but I wouldn't mind a few 4 wheel Dean coaches Mr. Dapol or whoever is looking.

G

Edited by bgman
  • Like 10

• RMweb Premium

Whats the consensus about voting..........scattergun or precise?   

I went for precise.  If every box gets ticked by everyone how are "they" going to use those results as there would be no "favourite"

Small batch locos are a toughie - Personally I would love an RTR 9700 but with only 11 in class and only one operating site they are not a prospective good seller.

404px-thumbnail.jpg

But there was only 1 HushHush and only one Great Bear and  one kerosene Castle (how did I forget that as a one-off?) and I'm sure they would sell very very well.  The number and a smokebox dart from 111 got turned into a Castle with a different name in our timeframe but I'd still buy one.

Edited by M.I.B
  • Like 2

Despite my teasing at the weekend we really should vote for the Manor.

Its not April 1st already is it ?

This hibernation bizzo is causing me real problems now !

You're NOT going to catch me out again !!!

Edited by bgman

Well that's me out of it, I think I've renamed over 110 Hornby Wiltons alone in my time, plus lots of other Spams and those 'Bulleid/BR Standard abomination' things. I'll have to get my Antarctic break another way ...

... I still luv Pingu

That is what happens when you name a loco after an ex ICI Teesside chemical plant!

Mike Wiltshire

• RMweb Gold

I am now seriously hacked off with the Hattons 14XX.

I have now had to unravel all my knitting and will have to re-assemble the chassis again.

I've heard the running qualities were a bit woolly, but I didn't know the chassis was knitted  :jester:  :jester:

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Perhaps the imminent arrival of Betton Grange might be a good time for a model version.

Brian.

But we have had a recent Grange form Hornby.

The last Manors are split chassis Mainline (?) era tooling.  as are the 43XX    so they would be higher up my priority list.

But we have had a recent Grange form Hornby.

The last Manors are split chassis Mainline (?) era tooling.  as are the 43XX    so they would be higher up my priority list.

As far as the 43xx is concerned the Bachmann chassis was a direct replacement (almost - changing the pony truck wheels was a must), so I can't think it would be difficult for them if they choose to do it.

It would seem that products from a certain manufacturer aren't living up to their own hype.  What a shame.

All 3 of my Hattons models will be getting High Level chassis. Getting really fed up with rubbish chassis from all the current firms. Great detail but the gubbins to make them work are crap. The USA European modellers dont accept this rubbish. Why should we?

• RMweb Gold

Personally, I've never seen the appeal of Manors.

But Manors maketh man! Everyone knows that! Actually they have a cutesy factor by being a sort of pocket version of the GWR 4-6-0, much more suited to model layouts, most of which don't really have the space to let a Castle, still less a King, really look at home. Rob's version of Brent is an exception, of course, but many are too compromised. 

• Like 2

I voted for the Bulldog, Saint and Aberdare classes (and Toplight coaches). Personally, I've never seen the appeal of Manors.

For us post 1968 steam types, our formative steam experiences were with manors. The SVR usually has one of Hinton or Erlstoke in steam when I went as a child. Perhaps had Tyseley brought that Grange, my view would be different.

• Like 1